Hume Hospitalised

JamboAl

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His condition deteriorated on Sunday and he was taken in for surgery

Sunday?

Barnsley had Sheffield at Oakwell on Saturday. So he sub'd out injured, gets sent home, has some supper and wakes after the aspirin has worn off to find that he's feeling bad enough to go to the hospital. Oi.

Not suggesting anyone on the Barnsley staff missed anything, Hume is a tough little so-and-so but Geez. He got his skull rung. Send him in as a precautionary.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

His condition deteriorated on Sunday and he was taken in for surgery

Sunday?

Barnsley had Sheffield at Oakwell on Saturday. So he sub'd out injured, gets sent home, has some supper and wakes after the aspirin has worn off to find that he's feeling bad enough to go to the hospital. Oi.

Not suggesting anyone on the Barnsley staff missed anything, Hume is a tough little so-and-so but Geez. He got his skull rung. Send him in as a precautionary.

I noticed on Saturday that Hume got subbed out of the game halfway during the 1st half but couldn't find very much on what the reasoning was or possible injury till I saw it on the BBC this morning.

Well I hope you're not right on this one VP. Obviously the first priority is for Hume to stabilize his condition and get back to normal health, before we even talk about football. But anyone who watches Hume play week-in week-out will know that he is a man who loves his football. Lets pray this won't rob him of what is still a long career ahead of him.

He is an absolute warrior, it would appear that he even got to his feet and walked off the pitch following the elblow he received. Just what you would expect of a real Canadian footballer.

Here is another link from SkySports for thos interested:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11683_4481939,00.html

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Well I hope you're not right on this one VP.

I hope I'm wrong too.

However, skull fractures are a different beast from the run of the mill concussion.

My wish is to see Hume back on the pitch next season, fit and ready to score goals.

I've seen the collision on TV and I don't think there was any malicious intent on Chris Morgan's part. He didn't thrust his arm into Hume's face. He just stuck his arms as he was about to jump for a high ball, as usually happens, and Hume ran into him.

That's terrible. Thuggish of the other guy to go after him to the extent that staff had to ask the referee to intercede, and it ended like that.

Hope that justice is served, and a full recovery for Iain. Of course you can imagine not wanting to go up for the ball as much after some guy f'ed up your face.

I really hate the some of this thug play from the lower divisions, and you only have to look as far as this for a reason why. Guy has his skull fractured and the dumb ass who did it pretends to be nice about it after and call to check on his condition.

You don't fracture a guys skull by accident, you go in with the intent to injure somebody and the 1 time out of a 100 when something bad happens you pretend you didn't intend it.

He should be banned for at least the rest of the schedule, but we all know that won't happen.

So far the only poster who has seen the collision has said that there wasn't any malicious intent, the posters who haven't see it should be carefull about what they say about the other player involve until they see the video.

I wish Hume a speedy recovery and that he can get back to his normal fitness in the near future!

Archived