Canadians abroad: November 7-13, 2008

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for November 7-13, 2008.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

In Italy

In a Wednesday game 11th game of the season Casale ties his former team Rivarolese 3-3. He got his 6th goal 2nd of the game in the second half.

The Tie gives them a good position in the standings and are sitting at 3rd place tied with Savona and 1 point back of Second place Spezia which they must play both and will do so in the next few weeks of the season.

Down load and watch Uccello goal of the match and month his reverse kick late in the game against Derthona calcio.

http://www.derthona.it/20082009/video/Derthona-Casale.avi

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

great goal by Ucello, about his club, does Casale plays at amateur level? If I'm not mistaken, Casale plays in 5th division which is amateur level

Casale competes in Serie D. That is most certainly not an amateur level. It is professional. No one is getting rich in Serie D but player are paid a livable wage and generally do not hold down any other sort of employment.

England

Championship

Barnsley (Hume) 1:2 Sheffield Utd

Hume stays and plays 35 mins. Both sides down to ten men on 29 mins.

FA Cup

1st Round

Bury 0:1 Gillingham (Jackson)

No Jackson

Harlow 0:2 Macclesfield Town (Dunfield)

Dunfield plays 90 mins and scores the 2nd Macclesfield goal on 86 mins.

MK Dons(Gerba) 1:2 Bradford

Gerba plays 90 mins

England FA Cup

MK Dons 1 - Bradford 2

(Ali Gerba plays 90)

Gerba and the dons go crashing out of the FA cup, losing their initial test of the campaign to League Two side Bradford. Gerba is held off the scoresheet again.

Bury 0 - Gillingham 1

(Simeon Jackson still out due to ankle injury)

Gillingham eliminate League Two rivals Bury away from home to advance to next round. Jackson was listed as 'doubtful' to be fit by local media, but perhaps this means he is on the verge of rejoining the squad.

(Sorry N/A I was too slow on the draw, thought this was my one shot at glory to actually beat you to some news. Fair play)

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

(Sorry N/A I was too slow on the draw, thought this was my one shot at glory to actually beat you to some news. Fair play)

Sorry about that I'm not always around so you may beat me :D

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Another goal for Radzinski in Belgium Division 2.

3-0 for Lierse against St-Truiden, beaten for the first time of the season

Apparently Radzinski and Cavens played a great 2nd half together and made the show

Its been a good month for Radz. A good showing with the national team has continued on with his new club.

Guest Jeffery S.

Klukowski plays 90 as a late own goal denies them a win over Charleroi (2-2). They are still in the lead in Belgium, two up over Anderlecht and three over Standard.

Hutchinson was subbed out m. 75 as Copenhagen beat SønderjyskE 4-0 to stay within a point of the lead in Denmark. No Canadians on the pitch or on the bench for Nordsjaelland who lost to Randers 3-2.

Weekly Stillo update:

- Robert backstops genoa U18's to a 1-1 away draw vs. Varese CFC. His clean sheet was sabotaged by a late game gaffe by a teammate, resulting in the Varese tying goal.

- he continues to train almost daily with the 1st team.

- he is off to u20 camp in Switzerland in a couple of weeks.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Will Johnson plays 90 & helps Salt Lake into the conference finals as they draw Chivas 2-2, but advance 3-2 on the aggregate.

I think it's great that Will Johnson has found himself a regular gig, but I'm a little disappointed with RSL advancing, because it's now unlikely that he'll be called for the Jamaica match (though I'm not sure that was ever probable to happen).

Archived