CCL: Atlante FC-Mtl Impact (R)

Game is tomorrow, if there is a winner they are first of the group, if it is a tie Motreal is first of the group. Sita Taty Matondo, Pato Aguilera, Davy Uwimana and Alex Surprenant are not making the trip down to Cancun.

Seems there was a lot of rain recently down there and the club is having a hard time to find a place where they can practice. Last week end game for Atlante was postponed so John Limniatis is expecting to see the A squad for the mexican side. Weather forecast for tomorrow 26deg celsius with some clouds during the day.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Radio-Canada.ca (citing the Journal de Montréal), JL will play a 4-4-2. The starting lineup's gonna be as follows:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/soccer/2008/10/27/002-impact-atlante-preview.shtml

GK</u>: WEBER ??????????? What the hell is that ???

Backs</u>: Braz - Joqueviel - Pesoli - Gatti

Midfield</u>: Biello - Grande - Di Lorenzo - Gjertsen

Up front</u>: Ribeiro - Byers

I like the fact JL's gonna try something different with the formation with two clear forwards instead of a 4-3-2-1 formation. It'll be interesting to see if Byers (the speedy guy) and Ribeiro (the more physical guy) will connect well together. But I'm 50-50 with Di Lorenzo at center midfield instead of the wing. He's pretty good defensively but I love the way he feeds the attackers with his crosses and his speed on the wing. We'll see. Besides that, I pretty agree with both the formation (let's try something we're not used to do that much) and the starting 11.

EXCEPT FOR WEBER !!!!!! [:0] It's the last game of the year and you bench your #1 GK ? I like the guy (in fact, I like every guy on the depth chart), but it looks like a little anti-climactic decision. I feel it does not send the right message to both the supporters and Atlante. But most of the time, JL's decisions has paid off, so I give him my blessing ! [:P]

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

According to Radio-Canada.ca (citing the Journal de Montréal), JL will play a 4-4-2. The starting lineup's gonna be as follows:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/soccer/2008/10/27/002-impact-atlante-preview.shtml

GK</u>: WEBER ??????????? What the hell is that ???

Backs</u>: Braz - Joqueviel - Pesoli - Gatti

Midfield</u>: Biello - Grande - Di Lorenzo - Gjertsen

Up front</u>: Ribeiro - Byers

I like the fact JL's gonna try something different with the formation with two clear forwards instead of a 4-3-2-1 formation. It'll be interesting to see if Byers (the speedy guy) and Ribeiro (the more physical guy) will connect well together. But I'm 50-50 with Di Lorenzo at center midfield instead of the wing. He's pretty good defensively but I love the way he feeds the attackers with his crosses and his speed on the wing. We'll see. Besides that, I pretty agree with both the formation (let's try something we're not used to do that much) and the starting 11.

EXCEPT FOR WEBER !!!!!! [:0] It's the last game of the year and you bench your #1 GK ? I like the guy (in fact, I like every guy on the depth chart), but it looks like a little anti-climactic decision. I feel it does not send the right message to both the supporters and Atlante. But most of the time, JL's decisions has paid off, so I give him my blessing ! [:P]

The guys must be pretty banged up. certainly Jordan, Grande, and Brilliant were all walking wounded, Jordan hasn't taken a long goal kick in about 5 matches now. Placentino has a slight concussion from being slapped in the chin at full running speed with no call from Archundia. Testo is also injured. I don't think this is a case of JL fielding an under strength team on purpose.

Sorry Keano, but I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm SATISFIED with the starting 11. I watched the games and read some articles and I know they're all banged up, but I confess I forgot Jordan's poor condition­. So now I say I agree with Weber if Jordan really can't play, it's not like I want him to play 'til he dies on the pitch...

Sorry Keano, but I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm SATISFIED with the starting 11. I watched the games and read some articles and I know they're all banged up, but I confess I forgot Jordan's poor condition­. So now I say I agree with Weber if Jordan really can't play, it's not like I want him to play 'til he dies on the pitch...

Nope, I wasn't trying to disagree with you or argue and I didn't misunderstand. I was just adding another thought. :D

So Ribeiro was alegedly out partying this weekend and then gets one of his rare starts afterward?? Hm... I gues we'll see how that one plays out.. It sounds as if Brown and the other non-injured regulars have travelled with the team though so if he gets a headache and has to have a nap someone quakity can come on... [8D]

So Ribeiro was alegedly out partying this weekend and then gets one of his rare starts afterward?? Hm... I gues we'll see how that one plays out.. It sounds as if Brown and the other non-injured regulars have travelled with the team though so if he gets a headache and has to have a nap someone quakity can come on... [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Maybe JL reads this forum and took his advice: JE JOUE PAS ASSEZ JE JOUE PAS ASSEZ:D

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Maybe JL reads this forum and took his advice: JE JOUE PAS ASSEZ JE JOUE PAS ASSEZ:D

quote:But I'm 50-50 with Di Lorenzo at center midfield instead of the wing. He's pretty good defensively but I love the way he feeds the attackers with his crosses and his speed on the wing. We'll see.

I thought Leo did pretty good at central midfield against Olimpia last week.

The depth that Montreal has gives them this luxury. My only concern is with the change in keeper. I'm sure that a healthy Weber is better than a banged up Jordan but that is such an important position, perhaps the most important in soccer.

Play good defensively in front of Weber and I'm sure he'll keep them in it when they need him to. I'm still sticking with my 2-1 Impact win prediction.

Honestly looking at the player choices and formation choice, I'm fairly nervous about tonight. I hope he knows what he is doing, as I would be sadly disappointed to see Atlante snake into first in the group after Montreal should have beaten them earlier this month. And I use the term snake in the most disrespectful, underhanded way possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of what JL is doing is simply confusing Atlante. They will not have scouted Ribeiro, who plays a different game than Brown, and they'll be expecting DiLorenzo and Donatelli on the wings.... not Gjertsen and Biello

So now I say I agree with Weber if Jordan really can't play, it's not like I want him to play 'til he dies on the pitch...

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Mmmm... no.

Well, the more I think about it, the more I agree with Mpenza. But Jordan must be really banged up to let his place to Weber and the decision must be his as I don't see him accepting such a decision coming from JL. Do your best Andrew :(

Archived