Cathal Kelly is a big Mo Johnston fan - not!

VPjr

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

I don't think Cathal is claiming that the Canadian quota was a hinderance, in fact i think he's subtley calling Mo a whiner:

"Injuries played their part and we can put our arms around each other and spend all day crying about the unfairness of MLS' Canadian player quota and the stupidity of the league's scheduling. But nothing happened that wasn't in full view from the first day of the season.</u>

The fault lies first and last with the team's director of soccer, Mo Johnston."

Yes I got that, but he's still holding up Canadian quote as criteria which can be complained about (which he himself has done in the past). And that's nonsense.

MONEY,MONEY,MONEY,picture yourself at a board meeting.Tom is the chairman and not a soccerfan as such,but has the big responsibility called return on your investment.Ok guys we have a sold out stadium and from our subsribers department we are sold out again.Our forecasted cashflow is 35 million and quaranteed.

Our expenses are 32 million and projeted over five years around a 10 million dollar profit and this is quaranteed based upon our information.

On the players side we can maintain our ratios and keep that profit as forecasted or spent 8 million and break even or better.We know that economic conditions may have an influence over the next three years and with the aquisition of this DP we may be in the hole.

What are your recommendations,this to the boardmembers who are not soccer fans.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

MONEY,MONEY,MONEY,picture yourself at a board meeting.Tom is the chairman and not a soccerfan as such,but has the big responsibility called return on your investment.Ok guys we have a sold out stadium and from our subsribers department we are sold out again.Our forecasted cashflow is 35 million and quaranteed.

Our expenses are 32 million and projeted over five years around a 10 million dollar profit and this is quaranteed based upon our information.

On the players side we can maintain our ratios and keep that profit as forecasted or spent 8 million and break even or better.We know that economic conditions may have an influence over the next three years and with the aquisition of this DP we may be in the hole.

What ere your recommendations,this to the boardmembers who are not soccer fans.

Sad, but likely accurate.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Nothing inaccurate about what I wrote. Non-Canadian = Non-Domestic = International. Let's not get into semantics here...

18 internationals suggests that TFC can sign whoever they want regardless of nationality to fill up the entire senior roster. In reality, it is more complex than that so I think the semantics do matter.

It seems to me a very difficult proposition to argue that player agents for Canadian players had too much leverage in supply & demand terms when the agent for the majority of those players is Barry MacLean.

Really? Perhaps worth pondering why Barry MacLean came to have such an influential role at TFC as mentioned by others in this thread.

Nothing inaccurate about what I wrote. Non-Canadian = Non-Domestic = International. Let's not get into semantics here...

18 internationals suggests that TFC can sign whoever they want regardless of nationality to fill up the entire senior roster. In reality, it is more complex than that so I think the semantics do matter.

It seems to me a very difficult proposition to argue that player agents for Canadian players had too much leverage in supply & demand terms when the agent for the majority of those players is Barry MacLean.

Really? Perhaps worth pondering why Barry MacLean came to have such an influential role at TFC as mentioned by others in this thread.

welcome to the MLSE reality....well done John. You've summarized what we have to look forward to quite perfectly. That's why, if they do go for a DP, I can only ever envision it being a Claudio Lopez type (paid less than $1million). I will never ever believe that MLSE truly values winning. ROI is all they really ever care about

welcome to the MLSE reality....well done John. You've summarized what we have to look forward to quite perfectly. That's why, if they do go for a DP, I can only ever envision it being a Claudio Lopez type (paid less than $1million). I will never ever believe that MLSE truly values winning. ROI is all they really ever care about

Archived