Canadian content on Canadian pro teams

jonovision

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would add that Canadian content in the Impact squad is on the rise with the recent hires of Gerba, Ribeiro and Terminesi as well as the promotion of Kevin Cossette from the academy (PR Mayard should be coming back soon too). Gerba and Ribeiro have seen a good amount of playing time since their acquisition.

With Mayard back the count is now officialy 10 Canadians, not too shabby at least comparitively. However only Gerba, Sebrango, Pizzolitto, and Ribeiro are playing lots of minutes.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but it's worth noting that Sebrango, Ilcu, Gatti, and Pizzolitto have all been invited to stay with the Impact in California after the Mexico training camp, with only Agourram being cut after Mexico. There are 5 roster spots remaining if I'm not mistaken, and a DP not looking likely at east for now. It's entirely possible several of those mentioned could make the club, to add to Bernier and Sutton already being signed.

EDIT: hmmm, I had searched this thread, and now notice it's in the Edmonton NASL section.... I'll try to find an appropriate thread to repost this.

• 1 year later...

Archived