New WNT Coach?

fishman

I noticed that the CSA updated their website and pulled the Women's National Team Coach job posting.

Are we to assume that they are satisfied with the applicants? Who here wants to bet that Ian Bridge is named the gaffer immediately after the U20 WWC, with Paul James figuring into the mix just beneath him?

quote:Originally posted by fishman

I noticed that the CSA updated their website and pulled the Women's National Team Coach job posting.

Are we to assume that they are satisfied with the applicants? Who here wants to bet that Ian Bridge is named the gaffer immediately after the U20 WWC, with Paul James figuring into the mix just beneath him?

I bet that neither of the two will figure in the new WNT.

the CSA board met last week in Edmonton to start reviewing the applications.

I am almost 100% certain that Bridge is not a candidate, regardless of whether he applied or not.

Rumour has it there are 1-2 Euro coaches and a similar # of NCAA coaches being considered seriously.

No idea if James is a serious contender.

The candidates are half of the equation. The other half are, just for starters:

- who decides which one of the candidates is the best? It doesn't matter if the best coach in the world is in that shortlist if we pick someone else.

- what kind of package are we willing to provide them?

- what kind of empowerment can/will/should they have and have not?

- will they be enabled to decide the team's autonomy/geography as Pellerud was?

- will we also hire a women's program director? And if so what will be the overlap and responsibilities?

- will the CSA TD have direct input, keep apprised and have indirect input, or be hands and mind off?

quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

Is the Tony Fonseca appointment to the MNT U20's today a cursor to the CSA staying in Canada for the WNT Seniors new coach?

not necessarily...I don't think they are related.

There are no Canadian candidates for the WNT job with a strong enough resume to avoid stirring up criticism and discontent.

I'm willing to bet that the CSA will look outside the system for the coach of the WNT.

Archived