Donatelli under contract for 2 years

Keano

quote:Originally posted by Keano

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1021&Focus=0

Liked his play so far, and very happy with the trade for Gbeke I must say.

Also mentions they are trying out a German Regionaliiga striker, Bengana.

And we Caps fans very happy with Gbeke's play! I love it when a trade works out for both players and both teams. Sometimes it isn't about a player's skill it is more about how they fit into the team and the coaches strategy.

PS. A belated but sincere thank you for Sebrango [8D]

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

And we Caps fans very happy with Gbeke's play! I love it when a trade works out for both players and both teams. Sometimes it isn't about a player's skill it is more about how they fit into the team and the coaches strategy.

PS. A belated but sincere thank you for Sebrango [8D]

True. Both Brown and Byers are basically clones of Gbeke: big, strong, not very skilled feet, good in the air, not good passers. Whereas Donatelli fits an offensive wing position which previously had only Placentino with no cover.

^ Yeah, what a trade ! I heard a French scout from FC Metz (I think) on the radio who said he had attended an Impact game. He said maybe one player of the team has the habilities and the brain to play in Ligue 2 right now, guess who ? ... ... ... Yeah, you got it. Joey Gjertsen. Maybe Grande could make it too.

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

^ Yeah, what a trade ! I heard a French scout from FC Metz (I think) on the radio who said he had attended an Impact game. He said maybe one player of the team has the habilities and the brain to play in Ligue 2 right now, guess who ? ... ... ... Yeah, you got it. Joey Gjertsen. Maybe Grande could make it too.

I've been very impressed with Gjertsen.

With all the talk in T.O. about Carl Robinson "unsure" of his future with the team, I think TFC would be very wise to make a run at Gjertsen if there was a way to land him. If I was Saputo, I wouldn't let him go. Nice player. Smart, good passer, good with his feet.

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

They're opposite roles, Gjertsen behind the lone striker and Grande holding, but I'd say of the two Grande is even more effective. They're both among the best players on the Impact though, with Jordan.

Archived