Let's be grateful

john tv

Many people over all these years have been promoting soccer and for many different reasons and some of them put up a lot of money. We got our MLS franchise and yes things were not easy and did not always work out well. At the same time it showed that this league is a tough one and only the best really win.Our guys at MLSE I know have given it their very best and I expect that slowly year by year it will get better. The baby is growing up guys.

We are so lucky and thanks MLSE a job well done.

One after thought.

I missed quite a few games because of rain.Remember having been on the DVP or Gardiner just to make a U turn kind of,it was raining to much and no let up in sight.

So,how about a roof.

Amen to that. MLS' standard is much higher than just a few years ago, and it takes a good squad with depth to deal with mid-season injuries (and international releases), and to win.

In 2007, TFC got 6 wins and 25 points. With one game left, we have 9 wins and 35 points. That's reasonable progress.

Well, as much as i have been critical of some of the things TFC has done, i have to agree. Coming into this year i would have said the goal is to be "close" to the playoffs if not in the playoffs. It looks like they've done that.

Now the style of play, roster turnover, and some dubious signings concern me they've set up year three for what it should be: put up or shut up time. 2009, playoffs or bust(and new management).

Archived