Edmonton Post-Mortem

River City

Thanks for all the hard work River City, me and my bro didnt bring a map so it was sooo damn hard to find the before party so all i can say is to make sure everyone has a map with them haha or print off the map that was on the forum. next time i go to a Canada game i will forsure be in the V section, bad thing was i was really sick (i think i had the flue)what crappy luck cause today i feel better.

the only things i would have to say is completly out of the V's hands, a wednesday night game? what bs, i would have loved to stick around if i wasnt sick to do the after party thing. oh and bring a map.

Re; stobe_z

That hat is sweet! Wonder where that sucker came from, eh?. You would not believe the number of people who give me looks at in that thing. I'll be trotting along minding my own business and somebody will start staring at me to which my instant, natural and unhealthy response is to put on either my "WTF you looking at?" face or my "Why hello there, darling" look. Until of course I realize they're trying to figure out A). Is that a beaver on that hat? and B). Does that beaver have fangs?

Monkey dynamite? Monkey dynamite? Ah man. Next match she's at we have to make it monkey dynamite. I don't care if it takes 10 years before we see her at another gig. It WILL be monkey dynamite.

For any future games in Edmonton I would like to arrange car pools from Calgary. It won't fit everyone's schedule but hopefully make the drive up more fun.

Kudos to Riv for organizing and whoever got the plaque for Radz. Great idea.

The reason so many people behind you were standing was because they couldn't see otherwise. It was kind of funny. The people ahead of me seemed to clue in that this was a standing section and seemed happy to join in.

Some people behind me were saying "why don't they sit down" and "I can't see". Move back and up to any of the open seats or stand. The Mexicans to my left were all standing, the V's in the first 4 rows were all standing and I'm came here planning on standing. I think we need to get Ticketmaster and CSA to explicitly tell people "STANDING SECTION" when they buy their tickets. It's not like they don't have enough seats to spare.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Not exaggerating. Not by much.

For Toronto & Montreal the promo-code was distributed to the V membership by mass e-mail. This did not occur with Edmonton as River City had taken on the task of underwriting the Supporter Section block of tickets.

Tried my best to get her to buy tickets in any other section and just "migrate" down to the Vs Supporter Section like everyone else who's interested dose but she was quite keen on buying tickets in the VSS.

So yeah, she had to do a bit of work to get the code and no, by rights I shouldn't have given her the code. But in the end you got official tickets in the Voyageurs Supporters Section for the October 15th, 2008 WCQ against Mexico at Commonwealth Stadium. Happy Birthday. Thank-you sis.

Yes, a big thank you to her persistence. But my point is, if someone knew to contact you for tickets, why make all the hoops to jump through? Somebody obviously wants to cheer for Canada, why make them have to "migrate"? My sister was more persistent than I would have been, and I'm glad...if I had to go to that trouble myself, I would have said screw it. We have enough trouble getting Canadian fans to cheer for Canada, why should we make it more difficult?

quote:Originally posted by nafnikufesin

Yes, a big thank you to her persistence. But my point is, if someone knew to contact you for tickets, why make all the hoops to jump through? Somebody obviously wants to cheer for Canada, why make them have to "migrate"? My sister was more persistent than I would have been, and I'm glad...if I had to go to that trouble myself, I would have said screw it. We have enough trouble getting Canadian fans to cheer for Canada, why should we make it more difficult?

I see your point, but the problem is that we've had opponent supporters come on here and try to buy tickets in our section, so when a tickets for a game are about to go on sale and 10 new people start posting asking for tickets its hard to say whether they are a real Canadian supporter or not.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

[

* That I spent all the time talking about football at the bar with you guys instead of paying attention to the girl I brought ... no wonder she left so early ;)

Did you bring her from Victoria or from Edmonton .. anyways dont worry.. women love "Passion" and if she does not love yours better to find out now .. then later.

Oi lads. Still recovering from the trip out there (been ridiculously sick) but what a great time.

As mentioned, the megaphone would have united the chants. Otherwise I thought we did the business. It would've been nicer to see a bigger turnout for the only western stop for the National team but I guess not everyone can be hardcore. ;)

Had a great time at Sherlock's post match. Meeting players and personalitys was incredible.

Can't wait till next time!

Thanks to River and all who made it happen!

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Well on TV the section, especially the banners, looked great. Good job guys!

As for the result...WFT?!?! Canada played awesome and could have easily won.

Sometimes I think the CMNT is teasing us. Just like God teased Moses in the desert!

Tested... God tested Moses ;)

Archived