V's help needed

Vic

Whoa, whoa. Let's slow down a little. Aren't we skating on thin ice here? A man's reputation is at stake.

I'm as much in favour of frontier justice as the next guy, but c'mon.

This is the beauty of the internet I guess - largely anonymous people making vague insinuations at no cost to themselves.

Let's all cool it.

I'd like to see this thread locked.

quote:Originally posted by Whither Canada

Whoa, whoa. Let's slow down a little. Aren't we skating on thin ice here? A man's reputation is at stake.

I'm as much in favour of frontier justice as the next guy, but c'mon.

This is the beauty of the internet I guess - largely anonymous people making vague insinuations at no cost to themselves.

Let's all cool it.

I'd like to see this thread locked.

Why.. the issues are larger then one person.. and there is more then just the issue of one persons reputation.

Has anybody else observed that the only place where this continues to be discussed in 'public' is in internet chat forums, with all kinds of malicious slandering and gossip going on. The mainstream media understand the issue and have moved on, even the tabloids.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

The mainstream media understand the issue and have moved on, even the tabloids.

That is not quite true.

One "mainstream" reporter is looking into this story and, if he can get the right people to speak on the record, the story will be told.

However, getting someone to go on the record will be a challenge. the wall of silence in Canadian soccer is a tough one to break down.

It is extremely unfair and cowardly to insinuate that someone has committed unproffessional, immoral and possibly criminal acts and then not reveal what they were and the source of information. I would think that some of the posters would use better judgement in posting such things. The Voyageurs are neither the police not a tabloid. If you are unwilling to give specific details and solid information you shouldn't be besmirching someone's reputation. I also agree the thread should be closed and the moderators should discuss proper posting protocol with some of the posters on this thread.

quote:Originally posted by Eric

Women teams should be coached by female coaches and men teams should be coached by male coaches........ end of problems.

I strongly disagree. What difference does it make? The besat person shoudl get teh job. I'm at the point where I'd rather have a component female coach than Michel :D

This is an employer/employee issue that has nothing to do with the general public and if a media outlet publishes anything to do with the reasons for the 'parting of the ways' without the formal consent of the parties involved they had better be prepared for a lawsuit.

Archived