Did a Voyageur Get Radzinski's Shirt?

Whither Canada

He ran over and threw it into the supporters at the end of the game.

Class all the way. Even during his falling out with Holger, I've had nothing but admiration for Radz. He was (is?) one of the very few who's ever played for Canada who always seemed (seems?) to be able to conjure something up out of nothing.

Time is working against him of course, but I hope he's able to stick around at least for the next Gold Cup. I wish him all the best.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did throw his shirt into the Voyageurs crowd. It was initially caught by two people, who agreed to play rock/paper/scissors over it. But ultimately, it was given to Frank (?), the lad who made a plaque for Radz and helped organize this thing.

He then took River City's Sack the CSA shirt and put it on with pride seemingly!!!

Class from Radzinksi tonight. Really got the feeling that he was playing for the fans.

I ended up with Radz jersey thanks to River City and a bunch of the other Voyageurs. The guy who caught it was gracious enough to give it to me.

Thanks again guys.

I scanned an image of the plaque and will post it when I get back to Victoria.

If you guys didn't catch it on tv rads went off wearing a black Sack The CSA Jersey.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I guess that was officially his last game then....

I sure hope not though :(

I'd be surprised if he was called up for Jamaica.

Good to see him go out on a high note (better than Blanco ;)) - if only he'd scored that winner! - after the trouble he had with the national team in the early 2000's.

I have good-quality photos of Radzinski putting the Sack the CSA shirt on and a couple of him from behind wearing it. I think somebody else at the bar had one of him from the front.

Speaking of pure class, Lars Hirschfeld showed up at the bar after the game, shook hands, posed for photos for ages, then bought everybody liquor and hung out for a bit. So it seems that a few of the players were in pretty good moods after the match, as well they should be!

EDIT: Yes, Lars was offered a 'Sack the CSA' shirt. He took it and joked about wearing it under his jersey, but didn't wear it out. That said, right now Lars could kill a guy and I'd forgive him. :P

I've got a few as well. I am a little tipsy still and will upload all my pics for you guys tomorrow.

Just like to give a shout out to Lars Hirschfeld for buying all the Voyageurs at Sherlock a round of drinks. Class act all around. Stalteri and Craig Forrest were also there, who were very nice guys.

This is why I really don't like reading the personal attacks on some of these guys, they sacrifice lots to wear the Maple Leaf and are unfairly critisized! Almost all of us are guilty of it! These guys are trying their best, but like all of us, they're human and sometimes their best isn't good enough! Great to see Diesel and Rads go out on a high note and recognize the V's!

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'd be surprised if he was called up for Jamaica.

Good to see him go out on a high note (better than Blanco ;)) - if only he'd scored that winner! - after the trouble he had with the national team in the early 2000's.

Radzinski is suspended vs. Jamaica anyways I just realized.

Yellow vs. St. Vincent and yellow for taking his shirt off vs. Mexico.

quote:Originally posted by Carl_Valentine

I've got a few as well. I am a little tipsy still and will upload all my pics for you guys tomorrow.

Just like to give a shout out to Lars Hirschfeld for buying all the Voyageurs at Sherlock a round of drinks. Class act all around. Stalteri and Craig Forrest were also there, who were very nice guys.

Great to hear those stories. Kudos to the players for showing up there!

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I ended up with Radz jersey thanks to River City and a bunch of the other Voyageurs. The guy who caught it was gracious enough to give it to me.

Thanks again guys.

I scanned an image of the plaque and will post it when I get back to Victoria.

If you guys didn't catch it on tv rads went off wearing a black Sack The CSA Jersey.

You have Carl Valentine to thank for that.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Have to laugh and think that maybe the yellow was intentional...no?

Me thinks you are correct on that one. At home, score the go ahead goal, "hmmmm do I really want to play for DM in Jamaica?" NOPE so off with the shirt and take a yellow!

Considering how hard he works out there I'm surprised he doesn't get more.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

I have good-quality photos of Radzinski putting the Sack the CSA shirt on and a couple of him from behind wearing it. I think somebody else at the bar had one of him from the front.

Speaking of pure class, Lars Hirschfeld showed up at the bar after the game, shook hands, posed for photos for ages, then bought everybody liquor and hung out for a bit. So it seems that a few of the players were in pretty good moods after the match, as well they should be!

EDIT: Yes, Lars was offered a 'Sack the CSA' shirt. He took it and joked about wearing it under his jersey, but didn't wear it out. That said, right now Lars could kill a guy and I'd forgive him. :P

Can't wait for Grizzly to wade in and call Lars out for drinking in public after not making the hex! Gotta love Lars. Has always been a good guy in my books which made the nuances coming out last year about him pricking about with our nats hard to believe.

In Lars' defense, he had a few drinks tops, but nothing serious. I ended up closing the pub down with Tuscan, mccout and another V (my apologies for not remembering even after you telling me your handle 10 times throughout the night) and Lars had left the pub long before. He went out of his way to go up the stairs to personally thank us.

I don't think it's a good idea to name names if seeing a player in a social setting because a lot of people do read the forum, but LArs definitely needs to be named for giving the fans a little recognition. It rarely happens, and when it does, it's appreciated. Especially since the V's travel from coast to coast and across the world to cheer on the team.

For any MNTers lurking though, all of us will still call Lars and ANY OTHER player out if they play bad, but it's not out of malice or mal intent.....we're soccer fans and we discuss soccer. You know if you've had a good or bad game. So do we. This is the place for us to discuss it. As dumb as some of the posts get, the majority of us don't slag you because we don't like you. It's not a personal thing.

Archived