Canada - Mexico game thread

jpg75

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was a super strike by Gerba, pretty much from no where. Overall, the cool weather is helping with our team's defensive work rate and we look pretty energetic defensively. Little craft in midfield, but at least some PHD out there. Too bad about De Jong's loss as well as the possible substitution of Serioux for the second half. Good to see us finally playing a two prong attack with Gerba combining with Radzinski.

quote:Originally posted by Avram Grant

I got news for you, it is very Mexican. We're hemmed down in a small section in the corner by our goal.

I can understand why casual Canadian fans would stay away from this game, but where are all the Mexicans coming from?

I'm sure there are lots of Mexicans in from Calgary, Vancouver and even the States, plus all the locals from Edmonton. The only place you could put a game in Canada with very few Mexicans would be way up north or St. John's. They do travel in huge numbers. Just ask the Uncle Sam's Army when they play the US.

most actual football fans I know here are staying away despite holding tickets, like myself, its chilly and we are out. I decided not to go after saturday's performance. Not a sleight against the players and their hardwork but more for the CSA for which I blame the reults of the last few weeks.

Guest Soccrman
quote:Originally posted by marktci

Am I the only one who, when I hear Marcel De Jong, conjures up a mental image of a stocky, 5'8", dark-haired, Frenchman, wearing purple and gold?

haha, yeh, so do I - must be an age thing for sure!!

Guest Soccrman

now we have to stop giving it away in midfield by playing a slowwww 3/4 touches - 2T quick movement/passing - get it up to Gerba/Radz up front on the ground and see what happens!

Archived