Canada - Mexico game thread

jpg75

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Mexican TV camera's are set up on the opposite of the stadium facing Mexican advertising, like at England away games or at the World Hockey Juniors where TSN is on the opposite side of the local TV cameras and faces Canadian advertising boards.

That Ref is lucky that we are already eliminated otherwise I think Klukowski, Stalteri & Harmse would have ripped his head off. How can a flying elbow to the head of one of our players who wins the ball in the process be considered a free kick for Mexico? Not only should that have been our free kick the Mexican players should have gotten a yellow. And they score while De Jong is off pitch so our defensive set-up is one players short. Nothing like adding insult to injury.

quote:Originally posted by al

the crowd sounds very mexican...

I got news for you, it is very Mexican. We're hemmed down in a small section in the corner by our goal.

I can understand why casual Canadian fans would stay away from this game, but where are all the Mexicans coming from?

It might technically not be one, but I would call that Mexican goal an own goal by Bernier. You never stick your knee out like that when you are in the wall (unless you are an attacker). Sticking your knee out is more likely to cause a deflection than stop the ball and that is exactly what happened. Had the ball got through the wall Lars had it covered but Bernier deflected it to where Lars was not.

Archived