Again, the Aussie's lead the way.

squid2

Rec'd this as part of an e-mail from an OSA employee.

Here's what one of the talking heads from one of the poker channels needs to do to Dale Mitchell and a handful of players.

Again, the Aussie's lead the way.

This is an aussie tv host (Foster) taking the Aussie National Youth Team coach to task on not qualifying his team and asking why he doesn't resign for not doing what he was hired to do, qualify the team!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6u8LoGpvKk

Ok, here's the irony with this clip:

Here we have the Australian U-17 coach who is having a hard time with this soccer analyst for not qualifying Australia to a U-17 WC, it's also worth mentionning that he qualified the team out of the Asian confederation in 2001, 2003 and 2005. So he is 3 out of 4.

Stephen Hart was the head coach of our U-17 in 2003, 2005 and 2007 when we failed to qualify for every U-17 WC. What are we doing with his name? We are either saying he should be replacing Mitchell or speculating that he would've done better than him in the current WCQ base on a freak tournament result....

BTW, I would like Canada to have that kind of journalist to ask serious questions to our coaches but I just find this example a bit ironic regarding our situation.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Ok, here's the irony with this clip:

Here we have the Australian U-17 coach who is having a hard time with this soccer analyst for not qualifying Australia to a U-17 WC, it's also worth mentionning that he qualified the team out of the Asian confederation in 2001, 2003 and 2005. So he is 3 out of 4.

Stephen Hart was the head coach of our U-17 in 2003, 2005 and 2007 when we failed to qualify for every U-17 WC. What are we doing with his name? We are either saying he should be replacing Mitchell or speculating that he would've done better than him in the current WCQ base on a freak tournament result....

BTW, I would like Canada to have that kind of journalist to ask serious questions to our coaches but I just find this example a bit ironic regarding our situation.

I agree except. Didn't Australia join the Asian Confederation in 2006? Wouldn't 2001-2005 be qualifying through Oceania?

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I agree except. Didn't Australia join the Asian Confederation in 2006? Wouldn't 2001-2005 be qualifying through Oceania?

I was wondering about that but on the FIFA website they were including Australia among the Asia teams for those tournaments so I guess they qualified through Asia for youth competitions.

I haven't taken the time to watch the clip yet, but I can tell you that, despite being a former Socceroo, Craig Foster comes up with some of the dumbest comments regarding football that I've ever heard. Despite this, he is, sadly, the foremost football commentator in the country. To give you some perspective on how clueless he is, after Liverpool overcame an early onslaught to dominate and defeat Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the the '07 Champions' League, he claimed that Liverpool had 'been found out' by Barca and would be easily turned over in the second leg. The other three guys in the studio after the match simply looked at him and shook their heads, thinking that he'd clearly watched a different match from the rest of the world. That being said, his points in the above clip may well be valid.

Key Point: Ange Postecoglou is currently the coach of Greek Third Division side Panachaiki.

"The Greek Third Division (also known as the Gamma Ethniki - Gamma being the third letter in the Greek alphabet) is divided into two groups - Group One being the south of the country. It is the lowest tier of professional football in Greece."

Archived