REVIVE THE SACK THE CSA MOVEMENT!

jeffymac1971

Now that Canada is offically out of qualificaiton for 2010, and given that that mickey mouse organization of the CSA, I think it is time to restart the sack the CSA movement.

I am not sure if I am going to go Canada Mexico game on the 15th but if I can find a paper and get a Sack the CSA T-shirt that I may go.

quote:Originally posted by jeffymac1971

Now that Canada is offically out of qualificaiton for 2010, and given that that mickey mouse organization of the CSA, I think it is time to restart the sack the CSA movement.

I am not sure if I am going to go Canada Mexico game on the 15th but if I can find a paper and get a Sack the CSA T-shirt that I may go.

edit: MOD please move this to the Men's National Team section. Mybad!!

I know this has been talked about a lot on here, and it's my fault for not reading all the threads, but how does this actually happen (and for the record I agree it should)?

To whom are the board at the CSA actually accountable? And I don't just mean accountable to on paper but who has the power, if anyone, to go in and sack them? The last time we qualified for a World Cup was nearly a quarter century ago, a domestic league has come and gone in that time - failing more-or-less horribly in the end, our hosting of the U20s was humiliating (on the pitch anyway), there was that whole CEO (or whatever the title was) debacle last year and yet it just keeps rolling on. And they clearly don't care that we're slagging the hell out of them on here, the CBC site etc. They clearly don't care about any of that, nor would I guess they care that dRo and Brennan took swipes at them. Are they indeed untouchable?

And if the way to get at them is through the provincial associations I wonder how long that might take and if it could work at all. I play recreational soccer and a lot of the people I play with are involved in provincial soccer in some capacity (as coaches, parents and so on) and have NO IDEA what the CSA even is. They certainly weren't watching Sportsnet last night.

I'm not trying to sound like there's no hope here but it appears as if, without outside intervention from the government (which doesn't care about the CSA I would guess) or FIFA/CONCACAF (who care even less than the Cdn. government and don't want to rock the boat in any case) the only hope is the aforementioned soccer mums and dads and that if they don't care the CSA has actually lucked into this structure that cannot be taken apart. Could this actually be right? Are we this f***ed?

quote:Originally posted by Most Scottish Man in Cdn.

I know this has been talked about a lot on here, and it's my fault for not reading all the threads, but how does this actually happen (and for the record I agree it should)?

To whom are the board at the CSA actually accountable? And I don't just mean accountable to on paper but who has the power, if anyone, to go in and sack them? The last time we qualified for a World Cup was nearly a quarter century ago, a domestic league has come and gone in that time - failing more-or-less horribly in the end, our hosting of the U20s was humiliating (on the pitch anyway), there was that whole CEO (or whatever the title was) debacle last year and yet it just keeps rolling on. And they clearly don't care that we're slagging the hell out of them on here, the CBC site etc. They clearly don't care about any of that, nor would I guess they care that dRo and Brennan took swipes at them. Are they indeed untouchable?

And if the way to get at them is through the provincial associations I wonder how long that might take and if it could work at all. I play recreational soccer and a lot of the people I play with are involved in provincial soccer in some capacity (as coaches, parents and so on) and have NO IDEA what the CSA even is. They certainly weren't watching Sportsnet last night.

I'm not trying to sound like there's no hope here but it appears as if, without outside intervention from the government (which doesn't care about the CSA I would guess) or FIFA/CONCACAF (who care even less than the Cdn. government and don't want to rock the boat in any case) the only hope is the aforementioned soccer mums and dads and that if they don't care the CSA has actually lucked into this structure that cannot be taken apart. Could this actually be right? Are we this f***ed?

You hit the nail right on the head about the CSA. They don't give a ****e about developing soccer or the MNT. Best way to deal with them is to take them to court and have them dissolved or removed as developers of soccer in this country. There is plenty of proof around for a good lawyer. Dissolve them and set up a new organization to take their place to develop youth players and help the MNT. etc.. If a court won't dissolve them then set up a new soccer entity anyway and contact all youth players and professionals not to recognize the CSA or deal with them. Basically boycott this corrupt and incompetant organization until it collapses in on itself. This is the way that you can get rid of the CSA permanently.

Archived