What about Edmonton?

superbrad

Since 1985 following this team has been one disappointment after another with one two-week interuption in 2000. This is business as usual.

People constantly complain we never have home friendlies. Well if nothing else this is that and against a very good team to boot. This is a chance to watch a very good soccer team play against our boys.

So here's Edmonton. A chance to watch Canada play soccer, meet some new people, sing our hearts out and support the lads. You shouldn't need a better reason than that.

cheers,

matthew

If you live in Alberta look at it this way. Go on Wednesday because in all likelihood we won't get another WCQ match.

In 4 years Saputo and BMO will be first rate grass surfaces that the players will love. It will be closer for the majority of players and the Toronto fans have shown that they can give a real home field advantage to our team. They will get all the games.

See you there on Wednesday. Wear red.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Since 1985 following this team has been one disappointment after another with one two-week interuption in 2000. This is business as usual.

People constantly complain we never have home friendlies. Well if nothing else this is that and against a very good team to boot. This is a chance to watch a very good soccer team play against our boys.

So here's Edmonton. A chance to watch Canada play soccer, meet some new people, sing our hearts out and support the lads. You shouldn't need a better reason than that.

cheers,

matthew

Hear, hear.

I think I'm going to have a ball in Edmonton. No, I know I'm going to have a ball.

And somewhere down there at pitch level a player in red is going to look up into the Vs Section and be completely bewildered. Completely beside themselves from the love raining down on them.

And I'm good with that.

Tuesday morning I'm going to Thomas Hindes and buy some victory cigars. And Wednesday night with the snow coming down around me I'm going to sit on the patio at Sherlock Holmes and smoke one with a smug little smile on my face.

We will be back. And then you're gonna get it!

Allez les Rouges.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Hear, hear.

I think I'm going to have a ball in Edmonton. No, I know I'm going to have a ball.

And somewhere down there at pitch level a player in red is going to look up into the Vs Section and be completely bewildered. Completely beside themselves from the love raining down on them.

And I'm good with that.

Tuesday morning I'm going to Thomas Hindes and buy some victory cigars. And Wednesday night with the snow coming down around me I'm going to sit on the patio at Sherlock Holmes and smoke one with a smug little smile on my face.

We will be back. And then you're gonna get it!

Allez les Rouges.

Have fun guys. If I could have had the week off, I'd have joined you for the match (and spent some time touring the province as well).

db

Well,unfortunately I will not be there in person. But for those of you who will be, I would like all of you to do two things. One, support the players as you have always done, and two scream and hurl all kinds of abuse towards the CSA for this fiasco, with banners and black shirts reading CSA OUT. And if Mitchel is still in charge, hurl some of that abuse his way as well.

Cut loose and have some fun. Display our new Voyageurs banner with pride. And yes, I mean that. There has been no mistaking our presence across Canada these past three matches.

The Voyageurs have been the only positive this campaign, and I think even the CSA would admit that (in fact, they have).

Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, it doesn't matter. The red wedge is there regardless of location in Canada.

Archived