Canadians abroad: October 10-16, 2008

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for October 10-16, 2008.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

England

League 1

MK Dons 3-1 Carlisle

No Gerba due to International Duty

League 2

Gillingham (Jackson) 5-0 Morecambe

Jackson starts and plays 90 mins. Scores on 24 mins and 36 mins

Macclesfield (Dunfield) 4-2 Aldershot

Dunfield starts and plays 90 mins

Conference Premier

Crawley Town (Rayner) 4-0 Barrow

Rayner starts and plays 90 mins

Adrian Cann and Andrew Ornoch both played 90 minutes in a reserve match for Esbjerg today, Ornoch at forward.

Neither has seen a lot of time with the senior side this year. Cann has started once, and come on as a sub twice, while Ornoch has made two late substitute appearances.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Adrian Cann and Andrew Ornoch both played 90 minutes in a reserve match for Esbjerg today, Ornoch at forward.

Neither has seen a lot of time with the senior side this year. Cann has started once, and come on as a sub twice, while Ornoch has made two late substitute appearances.

Ornock set up one of the two goals for his reserve squad in a 3-2 defeat. That gives him 4 goals and 2 helpers in the past 3 reserve matches. I would imagine that his confidence is high and hopefully he'll start getting some meaningful time for the 1st team.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Street is a really brilliant keeper...

Have you ever seen him play? I have never seen him play, my knowledge of how good he is is entirely based on a few other V's and the fact he is starting for West ham's U18's.

I was hoping the boys would have made the U17 WC last year, as I am in korea and would ahve been able to watch them play.

Another Stillo update...

Robert backstopped his Genoa U18's to a 1-1 draw this weekend.

His time training full time with the senior team has ended. He's back to full time duty with the reserve squad but he will get to come up to the senior team training here and there. He apparently impressed the coaches with his ability to settle in with the top team despite his young age.

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

Have you ever seen him play? I have never seen him play, my knowledge of how good he is is entirely based on a few other V's and the fact he is starting for West ham's U18's.

I was hoping the boys would have made the U17 WC last year, as I am in korea and would ahve been able to watch them play.

I coached against him when he was 9 and when he was 11, and let me tell you this....

This guy was a god, havnt seen him since but really what happens between the ages 12-18 ;)

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

I coached against him when he was 9 and when he was 11, and let me tell you this....

This guy was a god, havnt seen him since but really what happens between the ages 12-18 ;)

I've seen him play once in the U-20 game at BMO this year, but from what I've heard at West Ham he's been class.

Archived