The 2-weeks-off thread & Chances of reaching the ¼

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Not yet no.

But if we have to go get a result in Cancun, it might become one. :)

Yes but like I said before, for that to happen, Olimpia must win AND score 2 goals. If the Impact manages to allow only 1 goal (or none), THEN WE'RE IN THE QF. And if we get a result, WE'RE ALSO IN THE QF. So I really like our chances as they're not used to play in Canada on an October night (8 pm, gotta love the schedule).

^ Hey I'm not saying you said we can't do it. I just meant that I agree with Daniel. I don't think that not playing for 2 weeks will affect our game seriously. I know we've got 2 teams in 1 with all the acquisitions, but nonetheless I think the rest was essential for the fitness of the players.

quote:Originally posted by time_for_2010

Any news on ticket sales...are we having a good crowd?

The general attendance will probably depend on the weather that day. In most sections of the stadium you can get tickets in row 5 currently so a lot of seats appear to be unsold at present. The two exceptions to that are the supporters section 114 (a bit over 500 seats) and the Olimpia sections 222 and 223 (each section about 250 seats so also about 500 in total). The Olimpia sections appear to be sold out and the supporters section is 80% sold out. In section 114 there are individual seats available in row 18 and no multiple seats until row 20. It will definitely be sold out on match day so the Ultras section will be at least as big as it was during the playoff match against Vancouver (which was the biggest section we have ever had).

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

Yes but like I said before, for that to happen, Olimpia must win AND score 2 goals. If the Impact manages to allow only 1 goal (or none), THEN WE'RE IN THE QF. And if we get a result, WE'RE ALSO IN THE QF. So I really like our chances as they're not used to play in Canada on an October night (8 pm, gotta love the schedule).

With all those possibilities, I also forgot to mention that if JP get a result at home against Atlante, WE'RE ALSO IN THE QF ! Really not a walk in the park for'em, but they already kicked their ass in Cancun 0:1 ! So there are some realistic chances they get a result at home (still, hard to believe since we thrashed them on their pitch 2 weeks ago).

We can also clinch 1st place by tuesday night in Group C if:

1) We beat Olimpia

2) We tie Olimpia and JP gets a result vs Atlante

3) We lose 0:1 and JP gets a result vs Atlante

I checked the schedule and the JP-Atlante game will also kick off at 8 pm, so I'm gonna try to check both games simultaneously. I'll check for feeds on justin.tv, maybe channelsurfing.net. If anyone finds a good one for those interested (as it may have implications for our final rank), please post it here.

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

You're in Montreal, why aren't you going to watch the match live? I dunno, doesn't sound very hardcore supporter to me [:P]

Well, I'll hardly be home in time for the first half (yeah, some people work this late...), maybe catching the second. I was at SS for the Atlante game and also the Sounders game 'cause then it was possible. This time's a Tuesday. Yep. So 45 mins is still better than nothing. Next question ? [:P]

A tie or a 0:1 loss and we're in, no matter what is the result of the Joe Public match.

We beat Olimpia, we're in. We tie Olimpia, we're in. We lose 0-1, we're in.

If we lose by more than 0-1, then we have to look at Joe Public's result. If Joe Public got a result, we're in.

Long story short, if WE or Joe Public get a result in our last 4 games (combined), we're in.

quote:Originally posted by MastaK

A tie or a 0:1 loss and we're in, no matter what is the result of the Joe Public match.

We beat Olimpia, we're in. We tie Olimpia, we're in. We lose 0-1, we're in.

If we lose by more than 0-1, then we have to look at Joe Public's result. If Joe Public got a result, we're in.

Long story short, if WE or Joe Public get a result in our last 4 games (combined), we're in.

Did you read my first post (when I started the thread) ? That's a repetition of what I already said.

As for the interest in the JP-Atlante game, I said it was to clinch 1st place, not to clinch a berth in the QF. Cause even if we don't know how the QF matchups will be determined, I have a feeling that 1st place is still better than 2nd place, like home-field advantage for the second leg.

Archived