The 2-weeks-off thread & Chances of reaching the ¼

Just had an idea of starting a thread that will lead us to the next to last game, maybe the last one that's gonna count really before the QF (I hope !).

First of all, full credits to MTLcanada514 ;) who made the search for the tiebreaking rules:

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

If two teams are tied on points the following tie-breaker criteria shall be applied, in order, to determine the ranking of teams [1]:

Greater number of points earned in matches between the teams concerned

Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned

Greater number of goals scored away from home in matches between the teams concerned

Reapply first three criteria if two or more teams are still tied

Greater goal difference in all group matches

Greater number of goals scored in group matches

Greater number of goals scored away in all group Matches

Drawing of lots

http://www.concacaf.com/graphics/stats-regs/pdf/Regulations%20CONCACAF%20Champions%20Leaguev10.pdf

My turn now...

C'mon everyone !!! Open your eyes !

Given these tiebreaking rules, if Olimpia wins against us by one goal in MTL, it means that we go to the 3rd tiebreaker (Away goals). WE SCORED 2 ON OLIMPIA'S GROUND !!! That means that a 1-0 win by Olimpia at SS is not enough for them to win the tiebreaker ! So in order for them to beat us in the standings, they need to score AT LEAST 2 GOALS. Then, again, if the final score is 2-1 for Olimpia, we then go to the 4th tiebreaker, which is FINALLY the overall goal differential (a department we're leading +6 to 0). Mmmmmm, looks good... [}:)]

Oh, and by the way, after today's matches, the second best overall total for points after Mtl is 7 ! And more: the second best overall goal differential is only +3 ! [8D]

So it's really hard to be down-to-earth given all these facts. ;)

So any killjoy now ?

Same thing, i know we can make it but now's not the time to slack, biggest 90 mins of the season comin up and we get to be at home in cold weather against a central american team so let's take advantage of this opportunity. The only part i hate is the reallyyyyyy long lay-off we would have untill the end of february, i wonder what Joey and the coaching staff would have in mind for the players. By the way, are the players played these extra CCL games they play or is their salary fixed no matter how many games they play?

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

One thing is for sure, the game on October 21 is going to be chaotic in the 114. :D

I agree considering its the last home game for 2008. Impact fans should show up to thank our players for a wonderful season, hoping we advance in CL, and Joey and R Legendre come to an agreement with the RIO to have soccer being played at the big "o" for february 2009.

The cold weather is definitely a factor! I witnessed it first hand. I have a student-exchange boy on the team I coach from Brazil. We played an evening game last night and although he scored, he was absolutely frozen. It was hilarious. It did affect him significantly and we should take advantage of it.

Well, there's always the possibility for the indian summer to say hello... The forecast for the next 4 days is sunny sky with temperatures of 18, 20, 16 and 19°C (64, 68, 61 and 66 for those still Fahrenheit style). Actually not what I'm calling "cold". And it's NOT the indian summer yet.

quote:Originally posted by martinm182

Where is the box office pickup at Stade Saputo? When I went to the Atlante game there was a tent before the entrance with a huuuuge lineup. Was that for picking up tickets or buying? I just want to know if I'm going to have to show up really early or not.

The building inside is where you can buy tickets before gameday, the booth by the building is gameday sales, so perhaps it's pickups as well?

Where is the box office pickup at Stade Saputo? When I went to the Atlante game there was a tent before the entrance with a huuuuge lineup. Was that for picking up tickets or buying? I just want to know if I'm going to have to show up really early or not.

Yes most often they use a tent a hundred yards down the walkway for the pickups. If you show up 30-40 minute before kickoff you can get through before the queue. If not, it looks intimidating but actually moves pretty fast.

If you order through admission you have to pick up the tickets at the ticket booth. They have one line for pickups and one for new sales. The pickup line is very long so if the game is not soldout it is often faster to buy tickets at the game than pick them up. Of course then you do run the risk of not getting a ticket in the event of a sellout. The tent is labelled VIP and I think the tickets that you get there are those the club has reserved for people and possibly if you have ordered from the Impact box office. If you are going to order from admission you are better to stop by one of their many service outlets because the service charge is less and there will not be a big lineup.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

If you order through admission you have to pick up the tickets at the ticket booth. They have one line for pickups and one for new sales. The pickup line is very long so if the game is not soldout it is often faster to buy tickets at the game than pick them up. Of course then you do run the risk of not getting a ticket in the event of a sellout. The tent is labelled VIP and I think the tickets that you get there are those the club has reserved for people and possibly if you have ordered from the Impact box office. If you are going to order from admission you are better to stop by one of their many service outlets because the service charge is less and there will not be a big lineup.

Update

I have clarified this with the Impact. The Impact only sells tickets over the phone to season ticket holders and occasionally in pre-game sales to the Ultras. Other people have to buy through Admission as the Impact do not have enough staff to deal with general sales. The tickets available for pick up at the VIP tent are additional tickets that have been bought by season ticket holders, those that have been sold to the Ultras through pre-game sales and those complimentary tickets that the Impact are giving to VIPs. Tickets reserved through other means (ie. Admission) have to be picked up at the ticket booth. The lineup is the left line while the right line is for people buying tickets. The Ultras pre-sale for this game is over so if you want tickets either buy at Admission on line or by phone and plan to wait 10 to 15 minutes in line to pick them up or buy at an Admission sales depot (and save the $3.50 pick up fee).

I already bought from admission online. I chose the "pick up at box office" option. Can I pick them up at SS tomorrow or will they only be there on the 21st? I would prefer that so I wouldn't have to wait in line before the game and maybe risk missing a few minutes of the game, and also because I want to go to the bar 99 and join the march.

I already bought from admission online. I chose the "pick up at box office" option. Can I pick them up at SS tomorrow or will they only be there on the 21st? I would prefer that so I wouldn't have to wait in line before the game and maybe risk missing a few minutes of the game, and also because I want to go to the bar 99 and join the march.

You will have to call admission to ask, I don't know if they would be there the day before. I would think they could print them out for you at the Impact ticket office once they are in the system. Why don't you just go by the ticket booth before going to 99 though?

I'm worried. The Impact really should've booked a friendly with a university team or LSEQ club this week to get the players back into it. I'm really worried.

How can you seriously take on Olimpia after staying inactive for two weeks? Heck, some clubs book friendlies when there's a one-week-end break for international matches...

Maybe they did without telling anyone... but they usually put them up on their website, in the agenda. There's nothing to be found.

I'm worried. The Impact really should've booked a friendly with a university team or LSEQ club this week to get the players back into it. I'm really worried.

How can you seriously take on Olimpia after staying inactive for two weeks? Heck, some clubs book friendlies when there's a one-week-end break for international matches...

Maybe they did without telling anyone... but they usually put them up on their website, in the agenda. There's nothing to be found.

Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

Apart from their 3 friendlies they played in Europe prior to the season, did they ever played any friendlies in their history ? I know they now play 1 or 2 games a year against the Attak but besides that ? I think it just isn't a part of their way of preparing the team. If they played friendlies in Europe, that was more because they wanted to know how well they could fare against European teams, not because they just wanted to prepare for the season to come.

The Impact have played friendlies against international clubs in 1993 and 2001, as well as playing teams like the Attak, Dynamites and LSEQ all-stars over the years.

I don't think a two-week break will find them unable to follow the pace, especially as Olimpia haven't played a real game in as long.

The Impact have played friendlies against international clubs in 1993 and 2001, as well as playing teams like the Attak, Dynamites and LSEQ all-stars over the years.

I don't think a two-week break will find them unable to follow the pace, especially as Olimpia haven't played a real game in as long.

Archived