Canadians abroad

Vic

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 15th, 2011-(Buffalo, NY)- The WNY Flash are set to introduce themselves into the Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS) league as they play in their first ever match against Boston Breakers at Harvard Stadium in Boston, MA this Sunday at 6 p.m. This will be the second game of the season for the Breakers and is being televised live on the Fox Soccer Channel. The game can also be followed on match tracker and will be streaming live on www.womensprosoccer.com.

more here:

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/wny/news/press_releases/110415-Opening-Game

Parker will be playing meaning she is not injured any more, is she still being considered for the WNT is what I'd like to know.

Agreed. I hope she is. IMO she is one of our best midfielders. As much as I like Schmidt and Moscato, I feel Parker is more agile, better first touch and faster than those two. I believe she got better during the time the team was in Rome so maybe that;s why she didn't get called up. Hopefully next time.

Sunday April 17

Western NY 2 Boston Breakers 1 Fulltime

Sinclair scores on a pass from Morgan.

Chapman plays 90

Parker enters at the 90'

Also I noticed on the WPS site that Schimdt is on Majic Jacks roster but is unavailable.

Heard Schmidt denied WPS entry earlier last year but was surprised when I saw her name on the magicJack roster...then again is MJ even real? lol. If she will be playing in the WPS this season it'll most likely come post wwc. I'm assuming the majority of the ladies will be focusing on wwc prep.

Heard Schmidt denied WPS entry earlier last year but was surprised when I saw her name on the magicJack roster...then again is MJ even real? lol. If she will be playing in the WPS this season it'll most likely come post wwc. I'm assuming the majority of the ladies will be focusing on wwc prep.

I hope she does play with MJ. It will help more if she gets minutes on the field in the WPS rather than just training. The Americans players along with internationals are all active in the WPS. On second thought the fact that she's so young and the team is in Europe wait until WWC is over.

I never know what I'm talking about.

haha. What you said makes sense though. Playing against WPS players will improve her game immensely. I don't know what happened to Sophie but she struggles a bit out there that's why I'm hoping Parker gets called up for the following camp since her foot has healed. But more time the cwnt spends together ahead of the wwc th better.

Also Steph Labbe played in Pitea's home-opener this weekend. Won 5-0 and even got an assist.

Just read my blog I talk all about this team lol. (shameless plug)

WNY Flash win their home opener 3-0 over Atlanta. Sinclair gets 2 goals, Alex Morgan (USA) gets the third. All three Canadians made the starting XI.

Also Pitea IF loses 3-0 to Kristianstads. Steph Labbe injures her knee, still waits for official doctors diagnosis. Wishin her a speedy recovery.

Western New York Flash (2-0-1) vs. Atlanta Beat (1-2-1)

Sunday, May 1, 2011 — Sahlen's Stadium

FINAL

SCORING SUMMARY:

Team 1 2 F

WNY: 1 2 3

ATL: 0 0 0

WNY: Christine Sinclair 3 (Unassisted) 23'

WNY: Christine Sinclair 4 (Marta) 59'

WNY: Alex Morgan 1 (Kelly Parker) 73'

All three Canadians start only Sinclair subed out

WESTERN NEW YORK FLASH — Ashlyn Harris, Ali Riley, Whitney Engen, Candace Chapman, McCall Zerboni, Brittany Bock (Gemma Davison, 78'), Becky Edwards (Beverly Goebel, 63'), Caroline Seger, Kelly Parker, Christine Sinclair (Alex Morgan, 66'), Marta

Substitutes Not Used: Kandace Wilson, Brittany Cameron, Kaley Fountain, Maurine

Friday May 6

At Rochester

WNY 3 NJ 1 FT

Chapamn (center back) and Parker (forward) subbed out at 54 min.

Sinclair in Montreal getting some paperwork done I think.

From what I heard, she is getting her green card.

Raise your hand if you are fed up with lack of player info.

I read Kelly Parker was supposed to be in Rome training with the national team. Today WPS announced their roster report and Kelly Parker wasn't on the unavailable list: http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/roster-report.aspx I think WPS made an error but who knows. Maybe Morace picked her squad and Parker rejoined WNY. We'll see in a few hours if she's on the Flash roster.

Just to clarify about Sinclair, yeah she was in MTL getting her green card. She's now with the national team. After a week of training with Canada herself, Parker and Chapman will return to WNY until the beginning of June where they'll rejoin their Canadian teammates for the World Cup. 43 days until kickoff.

Archived