OFFICIAL Canada/Hond (Oct.11) Prediction Thread

Bertuzzi44

Do or die for Canada! Game is in Honduras.

Canada Roster:</u>

1 Lars Hirschfeld | G | Edmonton, AB | ROM / CFR Cluj

2 Chris Pozniak | D/M | Aurora, ON | SCO / Dundee F.C.

3 Mike Klukowski | D | Oshawa, ON | BEL / Club Brugge KV

4 Kevin McKenna | D | Calgary, AB | GER / 1. FC Köln

5 André Hainault | D | Hudson, QC | CZE / FK SIAD Most

6 Julian de Guzman | M | Scarborough, ON | ESP / Deportivo La Coruna

7 Paul Stalteri | D/M | Brampton, ON | ENG / Tottenham Hotspur

8 Kevin Harmse | D/M | Vancouver, BC | CAN / Toronto FC

9 Tomasz Radzinski | M/F | Toronto, ON | BEL / K. Lierse S.K.

10 Ali Gerba | F | Montréal, QC | ENG / Milton Keynes Dons FC

11 Richard Hastings | D | Vancouver, BC | SCO / Inverness CT

12 Dejan Jakovic | D | Etobicoke, ON | SRB / Red Star Belgrade

13 Atiba Hutchinson | M | Brampton, ON | DEN / F.C. København

14 Marcel de Jong | D/M | Newmarket, ON | NED / Roda JC

15 Patrice Bernier | M | Brossard, QC | DEN / FC Nordsjælland

16 Rob Friend | F | Kelowna, BC | GER / Borussia Mönchengladbach

17 Iain Hume | F | Brampton, ON | ENG / Barnsley FC

18 Joshua Wagenaar | G | Grimsby, ON | ENG / Yeovil Town FC

Dwayne De Rosario | M/F | Scarborough, ON | USA / Houston Dynamo

Adrian Serioux | D/M| Scarborough, ON | USA / FC Dallas

Honduras roster:</u>

1. Víctor Bernárdez Motagua

2. Miguel Castillo Motagua

3. Víctor Coello Marathón

4. Carlo Costly Belchatow

5. Osma Chávez Platense

6. Maynor Figueroa Wigan

7. Bonieck García Olimpia

8. Amado Guevara Toronto FC

9. Alston Boden Victoria

10.Emilio Izaguirre Motagua

11.Walter Martínez Beijing Guoan

12.Carlos W. Mejía Marathón

13.Sergio Mendoza Olimpia

14.Milton Núñez Marathón

15.Rigoberto Padilla Hispano

16.Wilson Palacios Wigan

17.Reinaldo Tilguath Motagua

18.Hendry Thomas Olimpia

19.Danilo Turcios Olimpia

20.Noel Valladares Olimpia

===========================================

My Prediction:

Canada 1

[goal: Friend. Cards: Stalteri]

Honduras 1

[goal: Palacios]

*updated standing to come later

Canada 1:0 Honduras

I predict this result because in the semi final round of qualifying we havent scored at least 2 goals in one game since the 1998 campaign.

Goal will be by Rob Friend 57'

Please win boys, PLEASE. I believe. I believe. I believe. I believe. I believe. I believe. I believe.

Message Preview - From San Pedro do Sula....

Its funny how you get a feeling ... walking and driving around a city before game day.

There were lots of ticket touts out selling tickets to day .. with 1/3rd markup so a 200 Limpera ticket is selling on the steet at 300 limperias ...20 limperas equals a dollar ( roughly ) so tickets at fifteen dollars and lots available.

Lots of flags and team jerseys being sold on the street, ( all Honduran ).... talking to people they are confident Honduras will come up with a win.. probably 1 to 0.

I had occasion to drop into the team Hotel a Hilton Princess do San Pedro Sula .. nice classic lobby staff was very accomodating, caught some of the team officials gathering.

I also went out the stadium.. watches some kids in the local munipal program practising outside the stadium. ( saw one little guy about seven.. knocking the ball around very very impressivly....his eyes had the killer instinct and heart to play, he was smallest on the field and put in at least for goals as I watched .. a great outside the left foot move, that he works a lot...in ten years he will be a very serious player.

Funny how a player with heart can make all the difference, the coach of the teams was a woman .. probably late teens or early twentys...she reffed and mixed in the game at times.. always showing a skil in the run of play ..... exposing the young players to the skill beating them, and no she did not use speed, kinda made me think of a female Sandro Grande... not fast but you could see vision.

It was fun to see how respectfull the kids were to her, listening to her corrections ( not many ) listening when she lined them up for goal kick... quality coaching from someone quite young... and she seemed to have personality .. smiilng ...talking etc. motivating.

It impressed me that such a good quality coach is working in poor community program in the shadow of the big stadim the night .. at the same time Dale Mitchell and the Canadian team were practicing.

Oh another cool thing.. the five thousand seat gymnasium was being decorated by kids... they will start tomorrow morning having a party all day before the game, with dancers and music .. etc. It will be made into a real party...clearly not a Concacaf or Fifa run event just people from the city .... bringing in palms etc.. putting up coke and Chiquita banners.

I am pretty sure there will a lot of flags in the stadium all in blue and white, at this point I have no impression IMG or any one from the CSA marketing arm is doing anything here.

Oh.. almost last paragraph.. on the talk in shows.. they are all extolling the Impact.. they have made a major impression.. being in the Champions League and doing well is winning them friends... of course people in San Pedro Sula dont like Olimpa from the capital, kinda like how everyone outside the old city of Toronto hates FC Toronto.

The soaps are on now on tv.. every commercial break is advert for the game with video from the Montreal game... ( the Voyageurs look good behind the net ).

Not sure what the Canada team is doing tonight in terms of team building and motivation....funny but I hope they have something on that will help... all I would like to see them do tomorrow is play with some love and heart, dig deep and find some emotional reserve .. each player on an individual basis to play ninety games tomorrow each one, to be one minute long... and to win more of this minute games then they lose... if the players do that we will be okay.

If not its going be a long night wearing my voyageurs jersey.

I am .. Still Waiting for a Miracle ... in San Pedro do Sula.

Archived