Calgary V's - October 11

River City

quote:Originally posted by Cooks

That's odd. Usually they have tonnes of Euro matches.

I'll see you at Limericks. You drink for free tonight, River City.

I should be there as well. Might be a few minutes late so someone else will have to sort out the bartender's lack of TV savvy. :)

Funny or sad moment when I called and asked if they were showing the Canada/Honduras WCQ soccer game tonight the lady said "we're showing the Flames game tonight".

How a team that loses 6-0 in its first game deserves ANY airtime is beyond me. At least it will be easy to find you guys, I'll just look for the SINGLE TV set showing soccer while the rest have hockey on.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. [8]

^

Are you new to Calgary or Canada in general? Hockey over soccer in Canada, who would have guessed?

Jesus Christ man these places are in business to make money, not please you. The 10 people interested in Canada's MNT will surely provide more revenue????

I hate this attitude. Same as the perpetual EI claimant. Please ignore your bottom line and make me happy. Gimme gimme gimme.

What to you expect? Hockey is a million times more popular in Calgary/Canada, even if the Flames started the season 0-20.

Find a place that shows the match and watch or stay home and watch.

Whinny bitch.

And yeah I am agitated.

Rant over.

quote:Originally posted by Canuck in Boston

^

Are you new to Calgary or Canada in general? Hockey over soccer in Canada, who would have guessed?

Jesus Christ man these places are in business to make money, not please you. The 10 people interested in Canada's MNT will surely provide more revenue????

I hate this attitude. Same as the perpetual EI claimant. Please ignore your bottom line and make me happy. Gimme gimme gimme.

What to you expect? Hockey is a million times more popular in Calgary/Canada, even if the Flames started the season 0-20.

Find a place that shows the match and watch or stay home and watch.

Whinny bitch.

And yeah I am agitated.

Rant over.

Born and raised in Canada, love hockey, played it from age 6 to 12, learned to skate on the flooded and frozen backyard rink my dad made. I'm as Canadian as a hockey puck.

To be honest I like the Flames and wish them well. I go to the Calgary Hitmen games a couple times a year because they are more fun and a lot more affordable than the Flames.

I hear hockey 365 days a year so forgive me when I get over saturated so much that I just can't stand it.

I refuse to respond to the other personal attacks you made as it is obvious bait and I'm not a fish.

Archived