Jonathan faces Julian in Uefa Cup.

SCF08

The match up that am sure the De Guzman Brothers have been dreaming about for ages. I personally can't wait to see it. Both players have immense talent. I support both of them aregradles of some very anti Jono comments around here. Another interesting angle here is that Feyenoord striker, Roy Makaay was a former Depor goal machine and idol.

I believe it should be home and away.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

The complete group :</u>

CSKA Moskva (Rus)

Deportivo La Coruna (Spa)

Feyenoord (Hol)

AS Nancy (Fra)

Lech Poznan (Pol)

Draw has just been completed so not yet sure if the game is in Spain or Holland.

Thanks... I also just came across Julian's comment on the match up, here is the quote and my ruff translation

Por último Julian De Guzmán no ocultó su satisfacción con el grupo. “Tenemos muchas posibilidades para clasificarnos. Hablé con mi hermano de que sería muy bonito para nosotros poder jugar en el mismo campo. Prefiero jugar contra él en Riazor. Espero que él también pueda clasificarse para la siguiente ronda”, indicó.

Y elogió a su hermano, Jonathan De Guzmán. “Él es muy fuerte y puede marcar goles. Yo soy su profesor y él es mi alumno. Tiene un gran futuro”

finalizó.

Julian didn't hide is satisfacion with the group. We have a great chance to get out of the group. I spoke to my brother and it will be great to be able to play on the same field. I prefer to play against him at Riazor(Depor's home). Julian added that he hopes Jono's team also qualifies for the next stage. He complemented his brother saying that "He is very strong and can score goals. Am his teacher and he is my student. He has a great future"

For the full article in Spanish go to

http://www.riazor.org/lotina-debemos-estar-contentos-con-el-grupo-que-nos-ha-tocado/

I would like to see Julian play for Arsenal. He's a holding Midfielder, just what we need post-Flamini.

Jonathan's switch to the Dutch Nats proves that Scouting in Canada is poor. If Internet fans can know the whereabouts of local players better than the CSA then that speaks Volumes.

^ Jonathan was never in the 'missing' category. The CSA and in particular the OSA were fully aware of him and his potential. In the OSA's case, too much so. Clowns.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by themodelcitizen

nah, in the UEFA Cup groups they only play each other once. Each team gets two home games in total and two away games in total. Weird setup.

UEFA has apparently announced they'll be changing the name of the competition and the set up, imitating the Champions League groups, starting either next season or the one after.

Archived