Soccer by Ives MLS expansion poll

whitecapsfc

quote:Originally posted by Vic

"Because I see no need to include Canada in MLS. If they're so soccer hungry, let them form their own 10 team league and be the SPL to our Prem."

We would be better off doing exactly as he say's.

[:0] ???

The CFL never had 10 canadian teams, so how in the hell is it possible to think about a 10 team canadian soccer league (for the near future)?

I'd really love to see this happening for sure, but it's gonna take a looooooooooong time before it actually happens. That's a step-by-step process. We must get more and more people on our soccer planet before that.

And I think the first step is getting an EVERYDAY rivalry between Montreal, Vancouver, and Toronto via the MLS, where we all know there's gonna be more people interested in following the canadian teams. How many people I hear week after week saying "Get your team in the MLS and then..." and I know it's the same for almost everyone here in Montreal. Maybe in Vancouver it's the same. Look at Seattle, they now have hit the 14,000 season tickets mark. Another time: 14,000 !!! It's sad that things work this way for most of soccer fans but it is what it is. MLS is the promised land for the "real football fans" (sic).

Second step is getting three new canadian teams in the USL, probably Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa (more realistic than the MLS, no offense to Ottawa people).

Third step is to set in place a REAL tournament for the Voyageurs cup involving 6 teams instead of 3.

And, most important of all, EVERY canadian team should follow the steps of the Impact with so many home-grown talent (don't know about the Caps, just too lazy to check for know, some help on that please...). BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE LIKE TORONTO FC with what, 2 canadian players ???

And then, after some years going this way, it will be possible to think about a canadian league (but 10 teams ? dunno... sad, but true).

On topic, I voted. For Mtl and Van, of course. ;)

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

And, most important of all, EVERY canadian team should follow the steps of the Impact with so many home-grown talent (don't know about the Caps, just too lazy to check for know, some help on that please...). BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE LIKE TORONTO FC with what, 2 canadian players ???

I think the Caps had 1 less Canuck on the team than the Impact. Plus a first rate development program so more are coming. Don't worry we like Canadian players. They win :D

Archived