Jump to content

USL final location: CONFIRMED [R]


Recommended Posts

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I can't for the life of me understand why a bunch of Croatians have to stand together to watch the Whitecaps. Are you rooting for Puerto Rico? Is is so bloody hard for you guys to set up on the southside, where there are other rather charming and fcking hilarious soccer fans who can make the whole experience a little less SECTARIAN!

Try it, you might like it.

This is precisely why I have an issue with ethnic based teams in our leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Cyrus

[brI also remember when Fulham was kicked out of Craven Cottage for two years, as their stadium wasn't all-seater, and therefore didn't meet Premiership standards. No problem, they played at London Wasps RFC instead.

For accuracy's sake, Fulham actually played out of Loftus Road, QPR's ground, for the period when they left Craven Cottage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by SthMelbRed

For accuracy's sake, Fulham actually played out of Loftus Road, QPR's ground, for the period when they left Craven Cottage.

Okay, so I looked it up. You're right, and I sort of had it a little right. Yes, Fulham played two seasons ground-sharing at Loftus Road, replacing London Wasps RFC, who had previously ground-shared with QPR. London Wasps moved to Wycombe Wanderers ground in order to make room for Fulham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Richard

This is precisely why I have an issue with ethnic based teams in our leagues.

PASS, Next comment pls...

PS: All I did was ask if there are Croatians in a specific place. It is not to brew trouble as I don't anticipate any. But maybe the other crowd might have a different idea. Mieux vaux prévenir que guérir les gars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jeffery S.

Is there anywhere I can stand at Swangard only with guys who have been circumcised and where the women have to watch from behind a curtain? Gotta stick to our own you know.

We all do our chants on our own as a personal responsibility, the important thing is how your chant sounds to God. For important chants late in the game the cantor will take over.

Kipahs are optional.

We will keep the Sabbath if necessary at the stadium by sneaking in without paying and after having camped out in the park to avoid the long walk.

We won't drink, but we'll have a ton of great food. We'll sell it to the other fans and send the money to Hadassah, or to Maccabi, or Hapoel, who cares. We will not drink, only the Goyim drink, they are all schicker all the time, like in the Southside. We will have great cakes and baking done by our wives, it won't be kosher but we'll say it is.

Going to fun to set up the Jewish supporters section at Swangard next summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah 3:00 would be best as it will take time to get in Swanny and save our spots I think the time I here meeting up for the tailgate is 1pm so we have plenty of time to organize our TIFO for the match and obviously enjoy some cold ones .... :) see you Sunday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah 3:00 would be best as it will take time to get in Swanny and save our spots I think the time I here meeting up for the tailgate is 1pm so we have plenty of time to organize our TIFO for the match and obviously enjoy some cold ones .... :) see you Sunday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me the sad thing about Puerto Rico not being allowed to host is that it comes after a year in which the playing level of the USL improved dramatically, in which two USL teams including Puerto Rico have done very well in Champion's League and in which the league has been operated more professionally than in previous years. It leaves a bad taste to have such a positive year tarnished by such an unfair and amateur decision. I will be hoping for Vancouver as the Canadian team but wouldn't be sad to see Puerto Rico win it either to get some vindication.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Since Caps are charging between $21-38 before surcharges for this game, and this is a championship game you'd think they'd have sprung for real match day programs instead of just a roster sheet.

I agree K-man I guess the only excuse is that they do not have much content in a short time to make one. The NASL days the old KICK magazine would have mostly stories from head office fairly generic that was used in each city.

It would be nice momento to have a souvinear program this year but I doubt that will happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Is there anywhere I can stand at Swangard only with guys who have been circumcised and where the women have to watch from behind a curtain? Gotta stick to our own you know.

We all do our chants on our own as a personal responsibility, the important thing is how your chant sounds to God. For important chants late in the game the cantor will take over.

Kipahs are optional.

We will keep the Sabbath if necessary at the stadium by sneaking in without paying and after having camped out in the park to avoid the long walk.

We won't drink, but we'll have a ton of great food. We'll sell it to the other fans and send the money to Hadassah, or to Maccabi, or Hapoel, who cares. We will not drink, only the Goyim drink, they are all schicker all the time, like in the Southside. We will have great cakes and baking done by our wives, it won't be kosher but we'll say it is.

Going to fun to set up the Jewish supporters section at Swangard next summer.

He just wanted to know if there was a section of Croatians at Swangard because he is Serbian and is going to the game with a large group of Serbians and does not want any trouble. He is not Croatian and does not want to start a standing section of Croatians. You should read his post before attacking and mocking him. Although the Jewish supporters section thing was pretty funny lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Richard we are all Canadian now true. But why do we have Chinese in Richmond, Japanese used to be in Steveston, Punjabi in Delta, Serbs in Burnaby, Croats in New Westminster, Poles in Surrey/PoCo.... I guess it's for the same reasons Welsh, Irish, Scottish built towns in Canada and stuck togheter. I am also sure That Welsh, Irish and Scottish didn't get all along always but they immigrated here 100years ago. Poles and Ukraninans hated each others guts yet now in Sask/Manitoba they are living side by side but that immigration was 50-70yrs ago. While the new waves of immigrants started comming after Expo or after the Balkan wars. Their wounds are fresh and some unfortunately can't(some don't want to) assimilate themselves. Maybe if I rewrote my post I would have gotten a different answer:

- Me and a group of Serbian friends are going to a Caps game. We were told that there are Croatians attending Whitecaps games on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me where we could safely sit in order not to be hasseled or disturbed "possibly" by the other party?

You say you are an immigrant Richard? OK let me put something into perspective. I am of Polish descent lived in Austria under "immigrant" status with no legal means of staying. Came to Canada was living in Sherbrooke from 89-94(August 94) then when Jacques Parizeau and his buddies decided to separate I moved to BC the furtherst province from Quebec. I love Quebec just don't agree with some politics. I speak both official languages, gave up my Polish citizenship at age 18(has Dion given up his French Citizenship, anyone?) and my wife is Japanese-Canadian. Now Richard which country did you immigrate from? Did you have to learn a new language? Or did you you move here from Aussie/Kiwi land or the old continent? Looks like the Old Continent. So for you it wasn't true immigration but merely a move from Surrey England to Surrey, BC. Did you give up your old Passport?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank god the italians never had this attitude..;)

Anyway...while i do KNOW and APPRECIATE the struggles of immigration, there are literally hundreds of reasons for immigrant groups sticking together. Personally i think it's awesome but this is Canada, just like Austria is Austria, Poland is Poland....you see my point. Ethnic groups sticking together is older than prostitution.....I think...

It sounds as if your friends have not left certain personal issues behind unfortunately. It would be smarter, and i hope they realize this, to progress from the old country. Heal the wounds...even if it is painful...and besides it only takes 4 muscles to smile....:D How many to make a fist? .....ok Bad joke.but as i learned, it is important to move forward. Should my family hate every german because of the war? No because different time, different place. Same thing applies in your friends' situation. LET IT GO!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pulsar nowhere have I stated I had an issue with any ethnic group. And I DID LET IT GO Unfortunately some people on the forum didn't. Case closed for me anyway. Got to go take care of my 5month old twins and take a stroll by Hugh Boyd Park to see the kiddies play footy. See some of you at swanny

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Pulsar nowhere have I stated I had an issue with any ethnic group. And I DID LET IT GO Unfortunately some people on the forum didn't. Case closed for me anyway. Got to go take care of my 5month old twins and take a stroll by Hugh Boyd Park to see the kiddies play footy. See some of you at swanny

Sorry orltacfc..i should have made myself more clear..it's time for the ethnic groups too let go..not you personally. Enjoy the park and see on the southside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Richard we are all Canadian now true. But why do we have Chinese in Richmond, Japanese used to be in Steveston, Punjabi in Delta, Serbs in Burnaby, Croats in New Westminster, Poles in Surrey/PoCo.... I guess it's for the same reasons Welsh, Irish, Scottish built towns in Canada and stuck togheter. I am also sure That Welsh, Irish and Scottish didn't get all along always but they immigrated here 100years ago. Poles and Ukraninans hated each others guts yet now in Sask/Manitoba they are living side by side but that immigration was 50-70yrs ago. While the new waves of immigrants started comming after Expo or after the Balkan wars. Their wounds are fresh and some unfortunately can't(some don't want to) assimilate themselves. Maybe if I rewrote my post I would have gotten a different answer:

- Me and a group of Serbian friends are going to a Caps game. We were told that there are Croatians attending Whitecaps games on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me where we could safely sit in order not to be hasseled or disturbed "possibly" by the other party?

You say you are an immigrant Richard? OK let me put something into perspective. I am of Polish descent lived in Austria under "immigrant" status with no legal means of staying. Came to Canada was living in Sherbrooke from 89-94(August 94) then when Jacques Parizeau and his buddies decided to separate I moved to BC the furtherst province from Quebec. I love Quebec just don't agree with some politics. I speak both official languages, gave up my Polish citizenship at age 18(has Dion given up his French Citizenship, anyone?) and my wife is Japanese-Canadian. Now Richard which country did you immigrate from? Did you have to learn a new language? Or did you you move here from Aussie/Kiwi land or the old continent? Looks like the Old Continent. So for you it wasn't true immigration but merely a move from Surrey England to Surrey, BC. Did you give up your old Passport?

Well, you're wrong on all your assumptions about me, every single one, and I do not seek out people from my 'old country' with whom to associate, I have striven to assimilate during the almost 30 years I have been a Canadian. I would also point out that Serbs and Croats do not have a very good recent history of behaviour at soccer games even in Canada, hence my earlier comment.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess we all learned there isn't a lot of integrity in the USL. Hopefully they put in clear text in their rules that if you are willing to provide money, all rules are on the table. Is anything in Venezuela, Haiti or Colombia an option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...