USL final location: CONFIRMED [R]

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

I don't belive in politics and neither do the guys. I don't think of any trouble at all and I know it took a while to move those bleachers closer, get the potties, etc Johnnie Monster. It's usually the kids in their 16-25 that are the problem with their "nationalistic" views and they aren't part of the crowd. I was just worried about the "other" side since I go to the Coratian cultural center once in a while and know many do attend. But since the numbers are 5-6 nationalistic BS brews only in their 100's.

And YES only 1team matters Caps.

PS: not all 30-40 of us are sitting togheter more like groups of 4-6 since we weren't able to purchase tickets togheter this late, but all will be in the Bronze section. Cheers

Allez les Caps on va gagner!!!!!!!

On verra ... :)

"Just for laughs", take a look at this blatant non-call:

(min. 7:30)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by snake

gne usl made the right decision

the caps made the finals in 2006 and the decision regarding the location went to rochester

it would be pretty bad on the usl's part to overlook vancouver as host AGAIN.

It wouldn't be again since host spot goes to the highest seed. Both years Vancouver hasn't deserved it and now they are getting it

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

A: No he didn't numbnuts.

B: Grabbing someone by the throat is not a red card offence. Striking, or attempting to strike is a red card offence.

Even with our back-up goalkeeper your $hit team couldn't win.

Have fun playing PR...

We will think of you guys when we play clubs like Joe Public, Atlante and Olimpia. Teams you could only dream of playing.

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

Have fun playing PR...

We will think of you guys when we play clubs like Joe Public, Atlante and Olimpia. Teams you could only dream of playing.

Ahhh yes here it is was waiting for some sour grapes ....you lost get over it and grow up and we will have fun playing in a FINAL [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Footy

Ahhh yes here it is was waiting for some sour grapes ....you lost get over it and grow up and we will have fun playing in a FINAL [:P]

I am over it but I guess that you are all to blind to realize that the CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE is way more important than a USL final...

How many games did Vancouver play this season? [:P]

Montreal supporters on here are starting to look like whiners. Card was given (does it matter if it was valid an this point?) and we lost despite that. Everyone can rub everyone else's face in something (Montreal over the CCL, TFC over MLS and beating MTL, Vancouver over beating MTL and TFC), and keeping on doing so makes everyone look petty.

I am over it but I guess that you are all to blind to realize that the CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE is way more important than a USL final...

How many games did Vancouver play this season? [:P]

So when you guys get eliminated, will you still think it was worth it?

By the way, if the Whitecaps hadn't have beaten and tied Toronto, YOU WOULDN'T BE THERE.

So continue to enjoy playing the very best teams, from the very worst countries in all of soccer!

Let's be serious for a minute, it's easy to forget what class is when you play meaningful games (we, in Montreal do it also) and it doesn't happen often enough in the USL.

I, personnally, would take a participation in the CL over anything from the USL. But that's just me.

I think Vancouver winning the finals would also be a great accomplishment. You guys deserved the win. GOOD LUCK

quote:Originally posted by Vic

OH MY GOD!!!!

Seriously, everyone here has to click that link and let it load and fast forward to 7:30.

That has to be the most blatant non-call in history! If someone knows of anything worse please post. Talk about the fix being in against PR that is beyond belief. A complete breakaway grabbed and pulled to the ground and none of the officials called it?

Nice to see PR overcame it and still won. That is always the best revenge.

Don't worry we won't pay the refs off because the Caps are going to win fair and square ;)

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Until the league SPECIFICALLY changed this and included in their rules, starting in 2007, that the #1 would get right of refusal to host if it made the final.

Yep, and the way this has been handled has been completely ridiculous. I do remember the old 'bid' process, which was why Montreal hosted the final in 2004 against the Sounders. We were a higher seed than Seattle, but that isn't why we hosted! There were bids put in, and I seem to remember that one team specifically didn't want to host the final, at all, due to scheduling conflicts with College Football. And they sewered their bid as such. It was transparent, and that's the biggest thing. But USL1 have claimed to have abandoned this bid process in 2007. Did the Impact and Rochester put in bids as under the old system? I didn't see a press release.

I also remember when Fulham was kicked out of Craven Cottage for two years, as their stadium wasn't all-seater, and therefore didn't meet Premiership standards. No problem, they played at London Wasps RFC instead. Again, transparent.

This isn't transparent. At all. And if I was a Puerto Rico fan I'd be flipping out.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

NOLLY GRABBED RIBEIRO BY THE THROAT!!!! get that stick out of ur a$$

Ribeiro is a thug and the Impact supporters are miserable whiners on this. After being gifted by the ref in Honduras and Montreal two straight games.

Stop trolling, you are officially retired from USL till next April. Hope you beat Joe Public of course, even if by a bad penalty in your favour in extra time.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Sorry to butt in but does anyone know if there if a place where "croatian" fans sit at the Caps games? I know that many go but don't know where they sit. I am asking since Serbian White Eagles are playing at 2pm in the VMSL and there is a group of about 30-40 Serbian coming with me to the game(whitecaps that is). We have BRONZE tkts by the beer garden.....to make it better BOSNA FC guys will be there as well in F/G sections....Hope I don't have to put my Blue Helmet on......

I can't for the life of me understand why a bunch of Croatians have to stand together to watch the Whitecaps. Are you rooting for Puerto Rico? Is is so bloody hard for you guys to set up on the southside, where there are other rather charming and fcking hilarious soccer fans who can make the whole experience a little less SECTARIAN!

Try it, you might like it.

Guest Jeffery S.

Have fun playing PR...

Puerto Rico is alive and well in Concacaf Champions. Doing better than some of those teams you mention. Dolt.

In any case, since you are as well, and we could only dream of playing against your rivals, you are effectively telling us that you are nowhere near their class. Because if Mtl was as classy as the teams you mentioned, we could not only dream of playing teams like that, but we just knocked one out of its main competition.

Effectively, you are saying that playing Mtl was nothing like playing Joe Public, Atlante or Olimpia. What a way to inadvertently diss your own team. Are you dumbsht or what?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Vic

Click the youtube link Jeffrey, I think you'll get a kick out of it...

I agree with the PR supporters, who have been quite elegant (and their team pretty serious when I saw them in VAn this summer), that there is something incredible fishy there. Or else total incompetence at the worst moment.

Puerto Rico won the league, it is not like they were screwed out of points the whole way, systematically. I think they also got some breaks. As the Caps did and most teams that attack and carry the play do. But some of the calls were pretty scary in those Rochester ties.

Archived