Caps vs Impact - Round 1(R)

tmcmurph

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

Someone's optimistic of the Islanders chances being down 2-0 haha...

None the less we should be in for a solid match tomorrow, I see the Impact coming out slow, picking it up mid-way through and eventually going into a shell from the 60th minute forward, finishing in a 1-1 draw, allowing Montreal to face Rochester in the rivalry of all rivalries in USL.

WE HATE RHINOS

You couldn't have been more wrong.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

Nothing like a bit of trash talking to get the lurkers out. The way Montreal Impact was such a nice, friendly, smiley team was making me a bit sick.

Anyways, am glad that Montreal fans are, deep down, glad that they lost. We are glad for you too. That way everyone is happy.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Nothing like a bit of trash talking to get the lurkers out. The way Montreal Impact was such a nice, friendly, smiley team was making me a bit sick.

Jeff, I think you need to have a good talk with our coach if you think the Impact are "a nice, friendly, smiley team". This was probably the worst game I have seen the Impact play under Limniatis but it was understandable given their schedule. It was actually their 20th game in 59 days. Congrats to the Whitecaps nevertheless. I find it unfair that Puerto Rico is not hosting the final but I hope the Caps bring the Championship back to Canada. It is good they changed the date/time of the match so it now does not conflict with Canada in Honduras. Was that the reason they changed it? I was impressed by Moose and also by how Baldock played. It was only one game but he seemed more solid than either Nolly or Jeff's longtime lover. Who was the backup keeper for this game?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Jeff, I think you need to have a good talk with our coach if you think the Impact are "a nice, friendly, smiley team". This was probably the worst game I have seen the Impact play under Limniatis but it was understandable given their schedule. It was actually their 20th game in 59 days. Congrats to the Whitecaps nevertheless. I find it unfair that Puerto Rico is not hosting the final but I hope the Caps bring the Championship back to Canada. It is good they changed the date/time of the match so it now does not conflict with Canada in Honduras. Was that the reason they changed it? I was impressed by Moose and also by how Baldock played. It was only one game but he seemed more solid than either Nolly or Jeff's longtime lover. Who was the backup keeper for this game?

I agree that the Impact schedule has been brutal and it had to catch up with them. Though if they'd played the 2nd leg in Montreal the fan support could have compensated even that.

From what I have seen Srdjan and Nolly are pretty similar in quality, and the stats pretty well confirm that.

I agree that the Impact schedule has been brutal and it had to catch up with them. Though if they'd played the 2nd leg in Montreal the fan support could have compensated even that.

From what I have seen Srdjan and Nolly are pretty similar in quality, and the stats pretty well confirm that.

Yes but I am saying that Baldock instead of looking shaky as a keeper getting his first professional start in a high pressure playoff game, actually looked less shaky than Nolly or Srdjan, neither of whom inspire a lot of confidence. I don't know if Baldock can consistently play like this but if he can he might be the Caps future starting keeper.

I would have thought the Impact would have been more tired for Friday's game than Sunday's considering they came off an intense game in Honduras in a hostile atmosphere played in a hot climate. They had to fly first to Miami and didn't arrive in Montreal until 11:15 pm Thursday night. Vancouver is far also but at least it is a direct flight and the food/hotel/culture conditions are what they are used to. Maybe the home crowd did inspire them to forget their fatigue. Not scoring a few goals when the Caps went down to 10 men in Montreal sure came back to haunt us though as such things usually do.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Yes but I am saying that Baldock instead of looking shaky as a keeper getting his first professional start in a high pressure playoff game, actually looked less shaky than Nolly or Srdjan, neither of whom inspire a lot of confidence. I don't know if Baldock can consistently play like this but if he can he might be the Caps future starting keeper.

I would have thought the Impact would have been more tired for Friday's game than Sunday's considering they came off an intense game in Honduras in a hostile atmosphere played in a hot climate. They had to fly first to Miami and didn't arrive in Montreal until 11:15 pm Thursday night. Vancouver is far also but at least it is a direct flight and the food/hotel/culture conditions are what they are used to. Maybe the home crowd did inspire them to forget their fatigue. Not scoring a few goals when the Caps went down to 10 men in Montreal sure came back to haunt us though as such things usually do.

I hear a lot of comments about "inspiring confidence" and "looking reliable" when talking about keepers. For a huge sector of Spanish fans and Barça fans, Valdes does not inspire confidence, does not seem reliable, and really shouldn't be a starting keeper at Barça. I think this has mostly to do with the way he "looks". He seems a bit white trash, has a dumb haircut, makes silly facial expressions, and is not overly articulate. He is very working class, almost too much so for Barcelona.

Keepers get judged on such things all the time, but in the end you have to judge technical ability and not flash. Sometimes a well-positioned keeper who is in touch with his defenders and has a bit of verbal command gets less shots on goal, gets into less trouble in set plays, and has to make less spectacular saves. Then people say he isn't very good because they didn't see him flop and fly and dive and perform acrobatics, screaming at his back line like an idiot, which the other keeper did. Forgetting that if the fundamentals are there all this other crap should be thrown out the window.

Neither Nolly or Srdjan look imposing, they are not too tall, not too wide, they seem easy going mostly (Nolly is excessively quiet on the pitch), they are not cocky and strutting types, red faced maniacs, balls of nervous energy. Who cares? I prefer to look at the stats and compare. You see Babcock in one game and tell us he inspires more confidence than either? That Nolly is going to lose his starting spot to him (now that one game is left in the season?). How are we supposed to take that seriously?

Jeff, you are outdoing yourself in the art of bullsh-it posting. I said he didn't look shaky because he didn't bobble balls and was not out of position not because I was commenting him on whether he "looks" like a keeper. In the Caps games I have seen neither Nolly or Srdjan has particularly impressed me as more than an adequate USL keeper. Regardless of the results next weekend, if I were manager of the Caps, the keeper position is one I would be looking to upgrade. As I said, it was only one game by Baldock but if he could perform like that on a regular basis, the upgrade might be already within the club.

It seems hard to have any sort of rational discussion with you on the Caps keeper situation. I guess love is motivating you to irrationality.

Guest Jeffery S.

No, what I was trying to say, nicely, is that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Like a hell of a lot of other people. You see a guy bobble and you go whoops, meaning you are bit of a dumbsht.

I think you will find that neither Nolly nor Srdjan got burned terribly or gave up a really dumb goal all year, maybe some borderline ones, Srdjan's vs. Galaxy in Edmonton. That is the simple fact of it. You might not like the way they inspire confidence, but they are not going to do your dentistry, so stop talking like a fool.

Anyone who watches on match on tv by a sub keeper and concludes he is going to threaten for a starting job (effectively next April!) is talking out of his ass. It is pure grandstanding, pure BS. Now will you stop giving us this idiocy?

I hear a lot of comments about "inspiring confidence" and "looking reliable" when talking about keepers. For a huge sector of Spanish fans and Barça fans, Valdes does not inspire confidence, does not seem reliable, and really shouldn't be a starting keeper at Barça. I think this has mostly to do with the way he "looks". He seems a bit white trash, has a dumb haircut, makes silly facial expressions, and is not overly articulate. He is very working class, almost too much so for Barcelona.

Keepers get judged on such things all the time, but in the end you have to judge technical ability and not flash. Sometimes a well-positioned keeper who is in touch with his defenders and has a bit of verbal command gets less shots on goal, gets into less trouble in set plays, and has to make less spectacular saves. Then people say he isn't very good because they didn't see him flop and fly and dive and perform acrobatics, screaming at his back line like an idiot, which the other keeper did. Forgetting that if the fundamentals are there all this other crap should be thrown out the window.

Neither Nolly or Srdjan look imposing, they are not too tall, not too wide, they seem easy going mostly (Nolly is excessively quiet on the pitch), they are not cocky and strutting types, red faced maniacs, balls of nervous energy. Who cares? I prefer to look at the stats and compare. You see Babcock in one game and tell us he inspires more confidence than either? That Nolly is going to lose his starting spot to him (now that one game is left in the season?). How are we supposed to take that seriously?

Whatnigra.jpg

Honestly, could you miss the meaning any harder?

Archived