2008 Canadian Soccer Leage Final [R]

soccerfan1

I havent had the time this year to ake a game. I'll be doing my best to be there. It would be good if the TO area Voyageurs could get some sort of group together for this game. Maybe team up with the U-Sector...have some sort of tail gate or head to a bar before, head to the game and get some chants going. anyone in??? maybe we could get a V's banner or flag that around.

If people are interested in getting a group rate, you can let me know. I was about to post a thread on this board to promote the idea of getting a group of GTA V's who would like to go to this match.

I am working in conjunction with North York Astros (who are hosting the CSL Final) to help promote this match and help try to bring out a big crowd for the match. This season has been a great success overall for the CSA and a nice turnout for the final match would be a feather in their cap and something that is well deserved.

Feel free to email me or post if you are interested.

Advance tickets are $15.00 for Adults and $10 for kids. If we can get a group of 50 people, group pricing would apply.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

I no they guys at NYA would swing us a deal if we even had a group of 20+. Whats Esher Shrine like as a stadium?

Don't worry about the group size. I'll take care of arranging a good group rate. I'd like to see a "show of hands" as to how many people are interested in coming. I've got tickets with me so if people tell me they are interested, I'll assign you a ticket number.

Esther Shiner is a decent community stadium. Only downfall is the Football lines on the pitch.

Lots of free parking.

Alright just received some great news with regards to the CSL Final on October 26,2008. They will be raffling off a signed framed TFC jersey(don't think they will have at the game) at the final. I think for every ticket you buy you will receive a ballot at the game to win the jersey.GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!

I have been to many CSL Final games and honestly I am really looking forward to this year. The top 8 teams are really talented and seem to be very hungry to win. I think the league continues to move in the right direction and hopefully we can show our support for quality Canadian soccer on the 26.If someone is planning to get a group together let me know as I am interested.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Guys please stop. This is embarrassing. The only thing worse than no hype is fake hype...

I agree, 1 post, 6 posts, 2 posts....... too many new posters being too exited about the CSL final it's kind of lame hype. Back to the drawing board ;)

Guest HamiltonSteelers

And here I bought a ticket because I actually enjoy the C(P)SL for what it is.

That being said, the guy who runs the North York kept telling the "crowd" at the St.Kitts/North York game to "buy your tickets early because it's sure to be a sellout." I bought a ticket because the ground is up the street from me (now) and it's a sunday afternoon with nothing better to do but watch some footy ;)

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

And here I bought a ticket because I actually enjoy the C(P)SL for what it is.

That being said, the guy who runs the North York kept telling the "crowd" at the St.Kitts/North York game to "buy your tickets early because it's sure to be a sellout." I bought a ticket because the ground is up the street from me (now) and it's a sunday afternoon with nothing better to do but watch some footy ;)

We'll see you there. I hope it will be a nice day and I hope there will be a good crowd.

Any V's in the Toronto area who are interested in tickets for this match, please drop me a line and I can hook you up. If we can get a group together, we can get our tickets at a discount.

C'mon GTA V's...lets get a group together for next Sunday's CSL finals. Tickets are only $15.00 each but we can get a group price if we can get enough people together.

i'm going regardless but it would be great to get a few more people together.

Hamiltonfan, I'll look into the question about bars in the area...there's got to be 1 or 2 decent places to grab a beer pre or post game.

Well...The CSL Final has been set and its a dream match up for the league and should ensure a good turnout at Esther Shiner Stadium next Sunday

Serbian White Eagles (strong support base) vs. TR Attak (Brining a reported 4 busloads from Quebec, maybe more)

Date: Sunday October 26, 2008

Location: Esther Shiner Stadium (on Bathurst, between Finch and Steeles)

Time: 5:45pm

ticket price: $15.00 in advance, $20 at the door....group rates available

hope to see some GTA Voyageurs there.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Once you lads figure out where you're all sitting, let me know. I'll have my V's scarf in tow.

Aside from the lack of promotional acumen from the majority of the clubs, the CSL is an OK brand of footie to watch. The players play hard and usually the players are very appreciative of any support their side gets. I'm a little biased, but I have been to few games where the entertainment value was below what I felt was worth.

I encourage all local V's to give it a chance. At least it's a nice day at the park, two sides with something to play for and a reason to watch a game as a neutral. :)

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Once you lads figure out where you're all sitting, let me know. I'll have my V's scarf in tow.

Aside from the lack of promotional acumen from the majority of the clubs, the CSL is an OK brand of footie to watch. The players play hard and usually the players are very appreciative of any support their side gets. I'm a little biased, but I have been to few games where the entertainment value was below what I felt was worth.

I encourage all local V's to give it a chance. At least it's a nice day at the park, two sides with something to play for and a reason to watch a game as a neutral. :)

Archived