Honeymoon over for Mo Johnston?

VPjr

How long should a manager get to set up a winning club from an expansion team?

As a Whitecaps fan, I want Mo to stay with TFC FOREVER!!! As a sane person, he should be fired as soon as possible. What other club in any sport would tolerate one win in seventeen matches???

I would put some of the blame on Mo as he spent a lot of time focussing on a few UK based players and they were not signed (Huckerby) or proved less than stellar quite quickly (Robert).

However, the 17 games without a loss really comes down to Carver, as he has had a top lineup to choose from over the last month and, despite the fact that they showed to be very competitive against two top clubs - Houston, New England and Columbus, the team could not get a win over teams that they had to and should have beat.

Gareth Wheeler really is turning out the good articles lately. It's too bad the star can't follow suit, as they seem to be little more than parrots of the management.

Everything about the management of this organization is rotten except for what Stuart Neely does with the youth academy. Otherwise problems have been pretty well across the board.

Gareth Wheeler really is turning out the good articles lately. It's too bad the star can't follow suit, as they seem to be little more than parrots of the management.

Everything about the management of this organization is rotten except for what Stuart Neely does with the youth academy. Otherwise problems have been pretty well across the board.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I would put some of the blame on Mo as he spent a lot of time focussing on a few UK based players and they were not signed (Huckerby) or proved less than stellar quite quickly (Robert).

However, the 17 games without a loss really comes down to Carver, as he has had a top lineup to choose from over the last month and, despite the fact that they showed to be very competitive against two top clubs - Houston, New England and Columbus, the team could not get a win over teams that they had to and should have beat.

You're right Ed...its really a case of Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber running the TFC show into the ground. With both of them still in control for 2009, its impossible for me to feel hopeful for next season.

I held my nose and renewed my season tickets but this will be the last season if things continue like this on the field. You can't sell the hype and sizzle and not provide any steak. I sincerely believe that neither MO or JC are cut out for the jobs they hold, especially MO.

quote:Originally posted by ag futbol

I think its impossible to judge how good Neely has done with the U16s. They didn't win the CSL Reserve league, even though all they needed was a tie last night. Astros reserves beat them 5-3 last night so Vaughn Shooters take the reserve league title.

Overall, I think that the academy coaches have done an adequate job, all things considered. I feel sorry for them...they've got to work for Mo...they deserve our sympathies.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

You're right Ed...its really a case of Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber running the TFC show into the ground. With both of them still in control for 2009, its impossible for me to feel hopeful for next season.

I held my nose and renewed my season tickets but this will be the last season if things continue like this on the field. You can't sell the hype and sizzle and not provide any steak. I sincerely believe that neither MO or JC are cut out for the jobs they hold, especially MO.

Things could be worse. You've got a team, a nice stadium. Hopefully they will have their poop together coming into next season. They should have guys locked up in January, not be negotiating in July. What the coach and GM have seemed to miss is that the two most successful teams in the league, Houston and NE, have little 'foreign' content. They pay decent money to North American based players and still manage to have depth because they aren't shelling out 300K to guys from 2nd div UK clubs.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

The Leafs.

Oh that was low, so very low! Damn I wish I'd thought of that :(

Seriously if Mo & Co aren't feeling the heat to get results, and by that I mean make the playoffs, next year then MLSE are the problem. They hire they can fire.

3 years is enough time to get things together. If they continue to hire 30 somethings hoping for a good year or two then TFC is just a revolving door. Some will help but most will just take the paycheck and in the end you will miss the playoffs and .

One thing to watch out for is the fast start that TFC seem to do each year then fade quickly. It got me this year. I really thought they might make the playoffs. Mo & Co will be safe in the first half of the season if that trend continues but if TFC doesn't make the playoffs next year ... don't let the door hit you on the way out!

As long as TFC is paying attention to our youth players including fielding and training youth teams they will be winners.This is what life is all about our children.Ultimately that will pay of.It is just a matter of time.

Mo,well these guys have preconceived ideas and he really does not know that intense level of Canadian spirit. I hope he will wake up one day and see how lucky he is.

Archived