Atlante-Joe Public (R)

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Not to mention Joe Public's best player got a red and is suspended for next week against Montreal. The good news just keeps coming.

Richardson was it? I didn't see the incident, only the Atlante player who got a red right before....

quote:Originally posted by Keano

It's called heart. (and lack thereof on the part of key opponents)....;)

I thought it was called Limniatis.

I could be wrong, but Limniatis probably wouldn't start Brennan if he was coaching the MNT. Enough said. I'll let our pals in Toronto take over now.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

I could be wrong, but Limniatis probably wouldn't start Brennan if he was coaching the MNT. Enough said. I'll let our pals in Toronto take over now.

I have a hard time believing Limniatis would continue the trend of letting Edgar and Johnson languish either, now that it's clear the veterans aren't cutting it....

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Wow. Nice baiting attempt, mod edit.

I don't think it's a good result for the Impact (well it's not a result I was wishing for them). Now, all the teams in the group are still in the hunt. A win by Atlante would've almost eliminatet Joe Public, now they are back in it and a win against the Impact would place them in a great position.

Of course, the Impact are still controlling their destiny so it's up to them.

As far as I'm concerned, let Joe Public come out with confidence when Montreal visits them. To lose at home after winning over such a giant of an opponent would surely crush their spirit for the rest of the group stages. Of course, there could be some Warner magic in the air, and it might take a wonder goal for the Impact to save the single point.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I don't think it's a good result for the Impact (well it's not a result I was wishing for them). Now, all the teams in the group are still in the hunt. A win by Atlante would've almost eliminatet Joe Public, now they are back in it and a win against the Impact would place them in a great position.

Of course, the Impact are still controlling their destiny so it's up to them.

Think about it Joe Public's win is great for the Impact. Atlante will now feel pressure and beat or draw Olimpia in Honduras. Montreal will manage a draw I am guessing in Trinidad.

Archived