Limniatis nominated USL Coach of the Year

Keano

quote:Originally posted by GoF

Do they have a bareknuckle fight to see who gets the award?

No no, nothing so heinous. They just have to stand behind a line, throw their hands as wide as possible, and bellow so as to be heard halfway up the opposite stand. Limniatis hands down.

whats shocking to me, teiturs not on that list, 7th to 2nd. but even more shocking is no eddie sebrango, a ironman this year, 4th in points, 3rd in goals, 29 games played, 6 game winning goals. another shock, arze for rookie of the year... 1 goal, 2 assists.... the finalists just dont make sense to me. why isnt Pizzolitto on there for defender of the year... usl... wow

I think the CCL shouldn't be a part of the evaluation, just because there's only 3 out of 11 teams that had a chance to gain a spot.

That being said, I think Tilley deserves a nomination as well as JL and Clark, but now that it's a two horse race, I'd select JL to win it since he took over a basement dwelling team. The condition of his team when he was put in charge was worst (to say the least) than Clark's team and he changed the spirit of his team so quickly ! [8D] Finally, he more than doubled up the offensive production of the squad.

I think there's a parallel between the coach of the year award in the NHL that was given last year to Bruce Boudreau. Guy Carbonneau and Mike Babcock were both in charge of teams that never struggled year long and finished first in their respective conference. For sure it's a nice accomplishment, and that's why they deserved to be nominated for the Jack Adams award. But Boudreau has set his own tactics in place with his own game plan. And most important of all, he changed radically the MINDSET of his players. Then, suddenly, they could say "WE CAN WIN, IT IS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE FOR US TO ACHIEVE SOME BIG GOALS THIS YEAR". [}:)]

That's what JL did. And is still doing. :)

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

I think the CCL shouldn't be a part of the evaluation, just because there's only 3 out of 11 teams that had a chance to gain a spot.

The American USL teams did have a chance to qualify for the fourth US spot through the US Open Cup although that is a very small chance given the MLS gets 3 guaranteed spots. I would hope that CONCACAF might give the USL teams a more fair way of qualifying next time. At the very least I would like to see the spot given to the MLS runner up changed so that team has to play a playoff against the highest American USL team.

Archived