Gerry's blog... a stunning call-up

quote:Originally posted by Ed

You know Rudi, I don't have THAT much of a problem with heckling. I got set off by the statement that we Cdn fans had a lot of learning to do before we became true fans like the English club fans who heckled Beckham. Also, as to the actual TFC heckling, I guess I would not bring up any Cdn WC qualifying gaffe as a 'good one' to use.

Since you are still apparently referring to the point that I made, I didn't once condone hooliganism or rude comments about people's wives. The Beckham comments I was referring to were the ones made about his senseless cards back in the bad old days. If, after helping England to another poor result through his own lack of discipline, the fans who followed the national team felt like giving it to him a bit as he played versus their club team, then more power to them. The way I see it, TFC fans who were informed enough to actually have known about Onstad's blunder are the kinds of fans that we need more of in North America. It's your business whether or not you feel compelled enough to say something to the guy about it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived