Kanucks in Germany - Oktober(fest) 2008

Guest Ed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Ed

Riley O'Neill is back from injury and getting into game shape with the Eintracht Braunschweig reserves. Scored the opening goal for the amateurs on the weekend.

Jonathan Bourgault plays 90 minutes for SV Wilhelmshaven as they draw 0-0 with Sachsen Leipzig in the Regional League North.

Finally got some news on Eddie Sidra on the Cottbus site; he has been injured to date.

Watch Hoilett in this highlight package. Hits the post from a run on the right (2:10 in), sets up a goal from the left (3:45 in), another great setup (5:10 in), not sure if it was a pass but sets up the goal on a CK (6:50 in) and sets up another great chance (8:30 in) that is saved. He is ready for a call up.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5316639/FC_Augsburg_St_Pauli_19_10_08

Hard to judge from one clip, but if he is doing half of that on the regular, i guestion why we didn't bring him into camp in the first place.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

OMG, best video ever!!!! Do not have coffee near your lips when you open this link. Bundesliga blast from the past. We need some laughs!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k51HG0cfkbRzKrNVkv

What the hell was that? I think I might have to renounce my German heritage. (Mind you, my people weren't hippies.) The German chicks, mind you, are pretty darn fit. ;)

Interview with young David Hoilett today at the FC St Pauli site. Not much news. No mention of any international aspirations, would like to play in England or Spain one day, the dream being playing for Arsenal, his all-time favourite club.

Good news on Josh SImpson. After 5 months of suffering, he had a 45 minutes comeback yesterday. Coach Sasic tested the 1st team agaisnt the 2nd team. And there he played second half.

http://forum.fck.de/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7325

He smiles again that he is back, has no more problems, feels fit and hopes to retun to the squad beginning of November, when Niklas Ledgerwood and 1860 will visit the Betzenberg.

Weekend matches involving Canadians:

FRIDAY

Bundesliga 1

Kevin McKenna will be on the bench as his FC Koeln visit Bayer Leverkusen. A win by Koeln would move them out of 8th (tied on 13 pts with 4 other teams) and over Bayer (3rd on 15 pts).

Bundesliga 2

David Hoilett set to start again for FC St Pauli as they host SV Wehen Wiesbaden.

SATURDAY

Bundesliga 1

Huge game for Borussia Moenchengladbach as they look for a 2nd win this season and the first for their new coach. Rob Friend will be up front along with 2 wingers as they host SC Karlsruhe. A win by Eintracht Frankfurt yesterday in a make up for an earlier postponed game has left 'Gladbach dead last in the table.

3. Liga

Not sure of the status of Riley O'Neill, just back from injury, as his Eintracht Braunschweig host SC Carl Zeiss Jena in the 3rd league.

SUNDAY

Bundesliga 1

Dani Fernandes has been out of training for the week due to a shoulder problem but should be fit for Sunday's match away to VfB Stuttgart. Daniel Imhof is still coming back to fitness from his injury and is not part of the squad.

Bundesliga 2

Nik Ledgerwood part of the squad but not starting as 1860 Muenchen are away to VfL Osnabrueck. The Lions lost a man this week as they released striker Berkant Goektan as he had a recurring nose-candy issue. They are also piling up the injury list so expect Nik to see some action.

As Frank has posted, Josh Simpson should be good to go next weekend but will be rested this Sunday as FC Kaiserslautern will be looking to keep their hold on 1st place as they are away to RW Oberhausen.

quote:originally quoted by ED

As Frank has posted, Josh Simpson should be good to go next weekend but will be rested this Sunday as FC Kaiserslautern will be looking to keep their hold on 1st place as they are away to RW Oberhausen.

Josh will give his comeback tonight in the second team of FCK. They will host FSV Oggersheim (former team of Kent O`Connor). So hopefully he can enjoy his comeback and does not think to much of what happened.

quote:Originally posted by welltoldtales

I would say he is a winger in the formation, but he is looking good so far, a couple of good touches and a very good bit of play to draw a foul.

Have you found a live feed? I'm going off the Bundesliga site info.

Excellent play again by Hoilett, and he looked much more like a striker this time keeping his head down on the run and only thinking of shooting. Definitely like this kid. This is the third game of his I have watched and we really need to call this guy up. Toronto should also see about getting a loan for him if they can...he has been excellent.

Archived