Olimpia Impact (R)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trillium

OH .. people dont like Liminatis.... too much of hot head and motivator .. to allow him any contact with Dale.. hell he might yell at him.

Don't talk like that. Dale Mitchell has perfected the long lost art of monotone. I won't have you screw that up.

Liminatis is definately getting the most out of this team. Very impressive stuff.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

You mean "could still do" - I hope that this win serves as inspiration for them that going into Honduras & winning is a very attainable goal, especially when you consider that Olimpia have a few Honduran national team players on their roster.

Boy do I hope you are right.

Impact are doing what Canada had to do. Canada had to Tie Mexico at home, Beat Jamaica and Honduras at Home and steal one from Hondurus or Jamaica on the road. The Impact got the Mexico tie, one of two wins (for now) and stole one on the road.. but the difference was winning in Canada what the MNT unfortunately didn't do.

quote:Originally posted by Lorne

GREAT historic game. A good job by the referee (it would seem from the poor cbcsports.ca feed)

There needs to be some serious investigation into the dirty play against di Lorenzo. Two players fouled him resulting in red cards within about 10 minutes. He cant play the last 5+ minutes because of a bloody head.

Yes, well reffed game! Excellent!

Glad to see a ref that has balls! KUDOS to the linesman too who got that douchebag sent off after consulting. This is how games are supposed to be reffed! Professionally! Well done!

quote:Originally posted by Lorne

GREAT historic game. A good job by the referee (it would seem from the poor cbcsports.ca feed)

There needs to be some serious investigation into the dirty play against di Lorenzo. Two players fouled him resulting in red cards within about 10 minutes. He cant play the last 5+ minutes because of a bloody head.

Yes, well reffed game! Excellent!

Glad to see a ref that has balls! KUDOS to the linesman too who got that douchebag sent off after consulting. This is how games are supposed to be reffed! Professionally! Well done!

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I dunno, G-L.... I kind of like the first song they were doing. But it's annoying how they do the same song for 15-20 minutes, Asian style.

Haha thats what it reminded me of! I couldn't pin point it. But yes Asians specifically Korean fans just repeat the same damn song for 90 minutes. At least the Hondurans kept whistles and drums to a minimum

Long time listener. First time caller.

I've been watching the Impact since 2000. And this moment, watching them on a scratchy internet feed, I realized that we've arrived. We're there.

I can wear my Impact shirt in Honduras next year, and some guy will talk to me about the game.

Tonight, my friends, was awesome.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I was a bit skeptical about the Impact getting it done without Grande, seeing how key a role he played in their midfield against Atlante. But the players who filled in, be it Biello/Ribeiro or Gatti, all did an excellent job.

Yes and Testo I think also broke up a lot of midfield posession. Could use a tad more discipline from him though but that's his game.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Yes and Testo I think also broke up a lot of midfield posession. Could use a tad more discipline from him though but that's his game.

Man, he was lucky to escape without a card. Though sure he was doing what he need to earn one.

Not saying I'd have had him play any differently. Far from it just though he was playing a little bit with fire there.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

What happened to Grande? btw I thought Ribiero looked good when he played vs. Venezuela why doesn't he start? And why did the MNT call him lol

Byers will be back to face Joe Public. Can't wait to see how Liminatis pumps his boys up, the Joe Public coach has really fuelled the fire

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I dunno, G-L.... I kind of like the first song they were doing. But it's annoying how they do the same song for 15-20 minutes, Asian style.

The 1st song was the "vamos" song that goes:

Vamos! (lets go)

Vamos "team/country name"</u>! (lets go team)

esta noche, (tonight)

Tenemos que ganar! (we must win)

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

btw I thought Ribiero looked good when he played vs. Venezuela why doesn't he start? And why did the MNT call him lol

First off, another supreme effort by the Impact: keep it rolling, boys!

As for Ribiero vs Venezuela, he didn't make any impression on me in his second half appearence during that match and obviously didn't impress Hart who never played him during the subsequent Gold Cup. Nonetheless, he and teammates should be very proud of their efforts this evening.

Archived