Olimpia Impact (R)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trillium

You missed a well taken .. corner.. keeper failed to get to it in time and Browns your uncle in the net.

Hung it up there a bit but perfectly placed, 6-7 yard out, closer to the the short stick. Good knock by Brown.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Willing to bet 5 pounds of pickerel that no matter how much stick JL gets from the Olympia supporters he WILL NOT be going into the stands tonight...

???

Half time.. good result by the Impact...reminds me of them playing in Rochester .. years ago .. and more recently how they played in Comayauga.

I think they can keep there shape and composure during the second half.. this is going get exciting if they hold them off.. .to the eighty minute mark.

Everything looks good so far. Just watching the game and came up with a question. Do you guys believe playing in the CONCACAF Champions League will improve the quality of players at the Impact and therefore improve their chances of joining bigger name teams? Are these matches scouted, etc.?

quote:Originally posted by Richard

CONCACAF officiating seems to be quite reasonable tonight, so far at least.

Well, so far, apart from the Honduras game in MTL I think I'm satisfied with what I saw from CONCACAF ref's in the CCl and WCQ.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

CONCACAF officiating seems to be quite reasonable tonight, so far at least.

Yeah. Wonder what it would take to get this lad out for some Canada matches. Seems to have a level head and a good eye. Maybe I could send CONCACRAP Jack a request along with some PICKEREL.

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

^ Cheeta - Was more than a little flat footed wasn't he...

I thought so but like loyola wrote, probably saw it way too late. Course that'll happen when you got like NINE MEN in the wall.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Half time.. good result by the Impact...reminds me of them playing in Rochester .. years ago .. and more recently how they played in Comayauga.

I think they can keep there shape and composure during the second half.. this is going get exciting if they hold them off.. .to the eighty minute mark.

:)

The broken signal...the ticker at the bottom of the screen relating to technical difficulties originating at the source. Man, I feel like I'm back in the early 80's.

Shame on you. The very idea. Montreal will NOT run out of gas...

Not a bad half. And, if anyone wanted to know how to solve Federalism in this country, the answer is football. Look at all of the dudes from out west catching this game on-line. Then again, we seem to have a special affection for Montreal out here. (Until, of course, they play the 'Caps. [}:)])

Archived