Impact PROUD !!!!

wasup

I guess you forgot the muppets from St-Hyacinthe and Montreal, Kurosawa and Mastak, who said it was stupid and unacceptable to act like that in the other thread....nice to see that your now insulting your fellow Impact supporters.

I'm not trying to make a big fuss about it, just pointing out the fact that I think his actions would deserve some kind of punishment. I'm not calling for a police investigation.

But Mpenza, if you can't see that and realize that I've also been complimentary of JL work with MTL but just critical of one event, then your just looking for some little drama which I will not get into.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

What's the real problem? Don Cherry used to do that on a GOOD night in the Forum when he coached the Bruins. It's entertainment. And I mean really, a coach got into a verbal spar with a fan? Whup de woo. Try and find a single mainstream media mentioning it. There isn't even one. Not even Seattle or Montreal papers. It's a complete non-event. Nobody was hurt. Nobody lost a limb. Nobody is going home in a casket. Nobody needs psychological counseling. To a Southern European, and especially a Greek, that was just a normal day at the office. And really, is a coach an accountant? Their job is to lead men into battle. Here we've got a bunch of guy's in Vancouver getting "DOUCHEBAG" signs ready. It's a free country and all the power to them, but do I mind if he tears a strip off them? Not in a million years.

Here's the stuff that actually makes the press:

[sounders coach] "The referee took the game away from the players on both teams. He only thought of himself," he said. "He cheated us out of a chance to win. It was junior league stuff."

Easy enough to say when it's your last USL game before going MLS next year...

With that kind of standards, I guess we should stop talking about the state of the CSA and our MNT results because the media aren't talking about it....;)

^ both good points above. My point was more that coaching "fiascos" usually have media on them like flies on...

It's Time for Mitchell To Go:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080908.WBsoccerblog20080908220335/WBStory/WBsoccerblog

Desperate times for Canadian soccer squad:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=9b21dbcd-9035-4c4c-acb1-35ce786d116b

Qualifying campaign turns into Mission Impossible: One lousy point from two home games won't get it done

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=bf344487-4ca2-4513-9967-cafcdc679409&p=1

Canada Should Have Sacked Mitchell:

http://www.soccer365.com/concacaf/story_10908223657.php

quote:Originally posted by Vic

^ both good points above. My point was more that coaching "fiascos" usually have media on them like flies on...

It's Time for Mitchell To Go:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080908.WBsoccerblog20080908220335/WBStory/WBsoccerblog

Desperate times for Canadian soccer squad:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=9b21dbcd-9035-4c4c-acb1-35ce786d116b

Qualifying campaign turns into Mission Impossible: One lousy point from two home games won't get it done

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=bf344487-4ca2-4513-9967-cafcdc679409&p=1

Canada Should Have Sacked Mitchell:

http://www.soccer365.com/concacaf/story_10908223657.php

I'm pretty sure if Guy Carbonneau was going across the ice after a Habs game to confront Boston fans in Boston, there would be a chance that we would hear about it in the MTL and Boston newspapers.

BTW, I would love to see that...:D

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I guess you forgot the muppets from St-Hyacinthe and Montreal, Kurosawa and Mastak, who said it was stupid and unacceptable to act like that in the other thread....nice to see that your now insulting your fellow Impact supporters.

They've mentioned that based on the facts reported by (no one else but) a Seattle supporter, it was unacceptable. Of course, I agree. Coaches shouldn't be "headhunting" in the middle of supporters... But who the heck knows what really happened? I look at the pics and I see the same guy looking all innocent playing with his camera standing in JL's face in every fckin picture... Looks fishy to me. Anyhoo...

My fellow Impact supporters Kuro and Mastak have given their opinion and not insisted on debating... You on the contrary, have been looking for a fight with Montreal supporters, which you seem to hate with a passion for reasons I don't know. Example : "It's funny because if Nick De Santis would've done the same thing when he was coaching a few months earlier, no MTL fan would've defended him. Now, a lot of them are trying to downplay the event of friday night. I guess it's showing their appreciation of his good work..."

Who's the muppet?

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

They've mentioned that based on the facts reported by (no one else but) a Seattle supporter, it was unacceptable. Of course, I agree. Coaches shouldn't be "headhunting" in the middle of supporters... But who the heck knows what really happened? I look at the pics and I see the same guy looking all innocent playing with his camera standing in JL's face in every fckin picture... Looks fishy to me. Anyhoo...

My fellow Impact supporters Kuro and Mastak have given their opinion and not insisted on debating... You on the contrary, have been looking for a fight with Montreal supporters, which you seem to hate with a passion for reasons I don't know. Example : "It's funny because if Nick De Santis would've done the same thing when he was coaching a few months earlier, no MTL fan would've defended him. Now, a lot of them are trying to downplay the event of friday night. I guess it's showing their appreciation of his good work..."

Who's the muppet?

I seem to hate MTL fan??? Your paranoiac or what? I use to participate on your board and except for you and a guiy called Kuyt something, I've rarely had arguments with anyone.

As for my participation in this thread, I've only pointed out the attitude of MTL fans defending their coach. And in particulary, the post you quoted was an illustration of the hate for NDS by MTL fans, something I didn't have a problem with in the first place and the good work of JL. It's just normal for fans to defend the actions of a coach they like and to be critical of a coach they despise. You must admit that if that happened earlier this summer when NDS was still the coach, few Impact fans would've defended him? Right?

Imagine if Pekerman was taking over for Canada's next WCQ game and a similar incident would happen in the hex where he would've brought us. V's would be defending him and that would be normal and I think it would be accurate if someone was saying the same thing I said but replacing NDS with DM....

What I didn't liked in this thread were MTl fans telling us nothing happened or trying to downplay the importance for a coach to show restraint in a similar situation.

I think you can find both, positive and negative about MTL in the post you quoted, and that was my intention to show both sides.

PS: If I want a pick up a fight, I'll go on your forum Mpenza, not here.

People, don't be surprised we defend our coach, some people do, some don't, just like if it happened to any other team, some fans would defend the coach, some wouldn't.

He didn,t hit anyone, so it's not a "disgrace".

Jim Brennan yelled at us when Toronto beat us, but no one calls him a disgrace. TO be fair we were telling him to eat a dick and such, so we provoked him, just like provocation in the JL-Seattle "crisis".

Maybe if he knocked someone out, however.

Sorry, the Swedish Chef is 1st, then "Animal" the Keith Moon Drummer, followed by "the Count" (AKA Gary Bettman).

But back to the topic...if you look at the Impact Roster, the depth they have etc, a lot of coaches could have gone in there and had success. I think you've got a case of Nick Desantis being so bad, and so tuned out...the players conspired against him. And Joey moved him upstairs.

Archived