Impact PROUD !!!!

wasup

It's not funny, it's sad and ridiculous. If he pulls that crap in Vancouver he'll be picking his teeth out of his jockey shorts. That's not keyboard aggro talking here, that's fact.

Nobody from the ECS assaulted him. Nobody threatened him. Nobody put their dukes up and challenged him to a fight. Limniatis revealed himself to be a classless, low life crapbasket and he should be issued a suspension.

DISGRACE.

Limiatis has always been like that as a player too.

he is getting the best out fo his players.

its not any different from hw mc Enroe use to behave

or what Cantona did in turkey or zidane did in the world cup.

i wish canada under mitchel had the same home record as impact has in the champions league.

he is passionate and emotional.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I don't know what happenned in Seattle but I've witnessed similar events with Liminiatis when he was playing in the LSEQ with Pannelinios. The guy is crazy!

But I like what he did with the team, very well organized team.

Still, there's quite a big gap between playing in a semi-pro local league and coaching in a pro league.

quote:Originally posted by sj

Limiatis has always been like that as a player too.

he is getting the best out fo his players.

its not any different from hw mc Enroe use to behave

or what Cantona did in turkey or zidane did in the world cup.

i wish canada under mitchel had the same home record as impact has in the champions league.

he is passionate and emotional.

Explain to me how he "gets the best out of his players" by confronting fans after a match?

Passionate? Passion comes from pride, and he has nothing to be proud of. This was all about bruised ego and an inappropriate response to some bad calls, neither of which are the fault of the fans.

Are you telling me that if Teitur Thordarson charges into UM02's section after the final whistle on Friday, you're going to praise him for his "passion?" Horsecrap, you'll be putting the boots to him.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

if Teitur Thordarson charges into UM02's section after the final whistle on Friday, you're going to praise him for his "passion?" Horsecrap, you'll be putting the boots to him.

So you think he deserves that mmm odd you west coast guys sure get upset ... and resort to violence easily .. of course Montreal beat Seattle.. in a wild finish, wonder how the FrothCaps will make out....

Explain to me how he "gets the best out of his players" by confronting fans after a match?

Passionate? Passion comes from pride, and he has nothing to be proud of. This was all about bruised ego and an inappropriate response to some bad calls, neither of which are the fault of the fans.

Are you telling me that if Teitur Thordarson charges into UM02's section after the final whistle on Friday, you're going to praise him for his "passion?" Horsecrap, you'll be putting the boots to him.

JL didn't charge into the Sounder's supporter's section. You can see him yelling at two douches in an outdoor corridor or parking lot. This is really your personal crusade, isn't it?

And, no, I wouldn't praise him or put the boots to him. I'd laugh.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Still, there's quite a big gap between playing in a semi-pro local league and coaching in a pro league.

What's your point?

If he can go crazy in a meaningless amateur league game, imagine what he can do in a pro league where the stake is much higher.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

JL didn't charge into the Sounder's supporter's section. You can see him yelling at two douches in an outdoor corridor or parking lot. This is really your personal crusade, isn't it?

And, no, I wouldn't praise him or put the boots to him. I'd laugh.

Nowhere does Johnnie say that JL charged into Seattle's supporters section. He was asking a hypothetical question.

It's funny because if Nick De Santis would've done the same thing when he was coaching a few months earlier, no MTL fan would've defended him. Now, a lot of them are trying to downplay the event of friday night. I guess it's showing their appreciation of his good work...

Hey TT is from viking stock! Watch out because when we vikings go nuts we usually bring battle axes and take all the wallets and wenches we can! [8D]

On the subject of JL losing it. Funny? Yes, very. In need of therapy? Definately! Effective? His team won the second half 3-1 and took the series. Disgraceful? No not by a long shot. He didn't assault anyone.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

It's going to be SO satisfying beating Montreal in the playoffs again. And ironically, it's going to be the Champions League game on Wednesday that will help seal Montreal's fate.

Limno will go nuts again...like a ticking time bomb. The man needs to take anti-depressants.

I think JL cant take the toll of coaching a team through Champions league and USL schedule ... he may be tad stressed out as I'm sure Joey and Nick are whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

gotta love the haters :)

gotta love the people who can't admit JL was wrong to act like he did friday night.

He should be suspended by the the League for his actions. Imagine any EPL or Ligue 1 coach doing that after a game.

I really like what he has done with the tean since his arrival but he was wrong to act like that in Seattle.

What's the real problem? Don Cherry used to do that on a GOOD night in the Forum when he coached the Bruins. It's entertainment. And I mean really, a coach got into a verbal spar with a fan? Whup de woo. Try and find a single mainstream media mentioning it. There isn't even one. Not even Seattle or Montreal papers. It's a complete non-event. Nobody was hurt. Nobody lost a limb. Nobody is going home in a casket. Nobody needs psychological counseling. To a Southern European, and especially a Greek, that was just a normal day at the office. And really, is a coach an accountant? Their job is to lead men into battle. Here we've got a bunch of guy's in Vancouver getting "DOUCHEBAG" signs ready. It's a free country and all the power to them, but do I mind if he tears a strip off them? Not in a million years.

Here's the stuff that actually makes the press:

[sounders coach] "The referee took the game away from the players on both teams. He only thought of himself," he said. "He cheated us out of a chance to win. It was junior league stuff."

Easy enough to say when it's your last USL game before going MLS next year...

Archived