Matt Jordan....

Just a comment ... last Wednesday at the games end.. his hommage to the fans.. clapping to them and then jumping the advert boards to shake hands with the Ultras was a class act, we need more of that as the Impact players go forward, I would hope the other players and the management begin to realize how important it is to acknowledge the core fans... Liminiatas should be sending his team out as group to acknowledge the fans... at home and away.

See the Whitecaps vs Minnesota match report at www.bcsoccerweb.com for photos of the Whitecaps players thanking and shaking hands with the Southsiders after the game on Friday. I really hope the Southsiders can not only maintain but continue to develop the good relationship with the club that they managed to re-establish during this season thanks to the efforts of a couple of rightminded leaders from the group.

Braz also comes over to the Ultras but he and Jordan are the only ones. I wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with the relationship between the club and the ultras. Note that the Caps players only started doing this again after the recent improvement in relations between the Caps and the Southsiders. I am hopeful that our relationship is going to get better and that next season the players will acknowledge their most dedicated fans.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

The whole team came and saluted us after the Joe Public game. They tend to do that only when they win...

There have been a lot of victories this year where they haven't done this. Regardless, when the supporters are in good voice the team should thank them whether they win or not.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

There have been a lot of victories this year where they haven't done this. Regardless, when the supporters are in good voice the team should thank them whether they win or not.

Hard to be outgoing and gregarious when you lose. Hard.

And the more so if you have really played your heart out.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Which is why you do it..and really built a connection with your fans.. and build some depth to the club traditions..

Agreed its really classy to thank fans after a loss, considering the first thing they want to do after a loss is to get off the pitch.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Agreed its really classy to thank fans after a loss, considering the first thing they want to do after a loss is to get off the pitch.

I think the impact saluted us after the loss to TFC, I'm not sure though, i don't remember the last 30 or so minutes, we were having too much fun.

Archived