Toronto FC 2009 Roster

michaeltfc91

Ok this season is over there's no questioning that. If I was the manager, here is what I would change in terms of the roster:

Players I would keep:

GK: Sutton Edwards

Defenders: Wynne, Attakora, James, Brennan, Gala, Dunivant

Midfielders: Ricketts, Robinson, Rosenlund, Jo Smith, Gaudet, Melo

Strikers: Dichio, Barrett, Ibrahim

Players who gotta go:

Velez, Marshall, Harmse, Jarrod Smith, Freeman, Elkinson, Guevara, Ruiz

Guevara to go? Without him the season would have been catastrophic. Also think Ruiz is being written off by people far too quickly. If his option is for the same terms he has right now he is probably not worth keeping, however. That would need to be renegotiated. Beyond that I think time may be up now for Danny D as he is getting to be too injury prone, while Robinson has not been providing the full value for 315k so that could be an issue if his contract is up and I think it is. Sutton and James are also not blameless for the defensive problems so they could go if better options became available. I wouldn't pin everything just on Velez and Marshall.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Guevara to go? Without him the season would have been catastrophic. Also think Ruiz is being written off by people far too quickly. If his option is for the same terms he has right now he is probably not worth keeping, however. That would need to be renegotiated. Beyond that I think time may be up now for Danny D as he is getting to be too injury prone, while Robinson has not been providing the full value for 315k so that could be an issue if his contract is up and I think it is. Sutton and James are also not blameless for the defensive problems so they could go if better options became available. I wouldn't pin everything just on Velez and Marshall.

I thought Robbo signed a three year but I may be wrong. Ya, if Danny stays it will have to be as a late sub and injury depth.

I don't know why Freeman was on that list as he is leaving anyway and I don't think he has been that bad in the two games he's played for us.

I agree on Guevara. He's been good and to see him with a different cast could be a really nice thing! James has been a disappointment but has improved a bit of late probably because he has finally realized he has to if he wants a paying gig.

As much as we always blame the guys on the bench, clearly the guys who are starting are the ones that aren't good enough. Forget the marginal bench players. We're losing on the strength of our starting lineup, not our bench.

Next year Attakora should be promoted to the full roster, every other defender on our starting roster except Jimmy B has to go. Pretty much all of the remaining group lack positional sense, suck on the ball, and make sloppy challenges.

Carl Robinson should leave, his passing is dreadful. Finds the target half the time, has very little range, can't make a game breaking pass, and leads his own player into trouble all the time. 300k + for a defensive mid with very little offensive skill, not enough in this league. Has to go or take a pay cut.

I don't know if Dichio will be back. In any case he's getting older and probably won't be as effective year to year. Barrett and Ibrahim should stay but neither should be starting.

We need more techically skilled players in the mid who can link play. More defenders who can keep possession and one really dangerous striker compared to what we have currently.

Archived