Toronto FC eyeing South American talent

Eric

Edu (Eduz) - Luiz Eduardo Soares Pina: A left back may be available but keep in mind that Vasco has been trying to shore up that position because they consider it weak. They tried to pick up Marcio Careca from Barueri to fill that position but were rebuffed. If you want a left back, Marcio Careca would be much cheaper and more experienced.

Vilson - Vilson Xavier de Menezes Junior: Also available. Played midfield in the game as a sub for Alex Teixeira.

On the point of Coaching, it really becomes much more important if you intend to bring in talented young players because they will need expert guidance. Besides, the money you spend becomes an investment.

As for players like Taison and Alex Teixeira, consider this. Liverpool FC is currently attempting to acquire a young 20 year old named, Aislan from Sao Paulo FC's reserve team. The buyout on his contract is about US$ 20 million. I assume that the final transfer fee will be something less than that (but unlikely less than US$10 million).

In comparison, Marcio Careca who I mentioned earlier had a buyout on his contract of about US $ 250,000. He is 30 years old and if Mo was patient enough to wait until December, Barueri would probably let him go as they already have a replacement. Besides the guy has already played for some of the big clubs and started last year in the Copa Libertadores for Parana Clube

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

The point you made with tying Kansas City was the turning point in the season. We beat Colorado with some subs because of international duty 3-1 the week before. WCQ happened on the 15 and 20th so we had international duties. Most guys some back for the 21st and he doesn't play them. We are playing like crap, can't get anything going and in the 70th he brings in Dichio, Brennan and Robinson all at once. Dichio scores in the 92nd minute to win the game, but the linesman called it offside for no reason.

I saw the highlight. Dichio was most clearly offside. In retrospect, I'm glad he was as at least we weren't robbed by another official.

db

Archived