Carver: Toronto FC in hunt for 1 or 2 DP's

jpg75

Carver guarantees that TFC will have a DP (or two!) next season...

Link

"I'll guarantee you that this will definitely happen by the start of next season. I'm guaranteeing it," Carver told reporters Monday afternoon.

Caver wouldn't confirm whether club management has begun to negotiate with potential DP candidates, but he did say the team has "earmarked a couple of players" that it would like to sign.

"We've already started planning for it. We are now thinking about what we're going to do next year. How can we take this on to another level," Carver said.

"The conversations we've had, without going into detail, is that it's going to happen. The time is right now to bring in at least one DP, if not two."

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Isn't it kind of odd that Carver is making guarantees? Does this suggest Mo is resigning?

They've spoken and I take it Carver is just the mouth piece.

Also I think that Mo is in Brazil somewhere no?

I could be wrong on that.

after 2 years of Mo's publicly aired plans (still waiting on some results from his south american vacations) it will be interesting to see what JC's "guarantee" is worth.

besides, if i was him i'd be wondering why Mo is my boss. So many of this year's changes were JC/Newcastle based.

Will TFC fans be 'blown away' by the announcements, much like they were 'blown away' but the quality of the assistant coach last season?

More likely, TFC will do nothing, and continue to make millions of dollars, and the fans will never protest.

Archived