EDMONTON INFORMATION - OCTOBER 15 - THE LAST STAND

River City

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Google Maps also goes whacko with Edmonton. It kept sending me to Lac la Biche addresses!

Yes, Google Maps is not my friend...nor can many companies find my Postal Code in their ancient databases. And forget ordering pizza from Panago....

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.543011,-113.486066&spn=0.013414,0.043945&z=15

If you see "Riverside Park" in the bottom right of the map along 99 Avenue, you have found the skateboard park, community hall, and open grass pitch. Voyageurs Game Day is immediately to the east.

If you're downtown, it's a 25-minute walk. You can walk along Jasper Avenue, or you can wander down to the River Valley, and walk east until you get to the 4-story condo. Or you can stay warm and take an $8 cab. Take directions - the cab driver may not know where you're going any more than Google Maps.

If you're driving, it's either the Low Level Bridge, Dawson Bridge, or 95 Street. Watch the yield signs - the intersections are not intuitive.

Has the weather prediction changed in any way? I wouldn't mind a quick update before I take off tomorrow morning. Should be arriving at VGD between 2 and 4. Should I bring any liquids with myself (which I will have to pick up there)? Just watched the Canada - Honduras match tonight, then played a match of my own. Suffice to say, we looked better on the hardcourt than the boys did in San Sula...

Archived