See you all in 4 years.

Robert

No I am not going to say "see you in 4 years". There are still 12 points available. Yes they are going to to tough. Hell, 3 games on the road, 2 games against Mexico, yea our chances aren't great.

I am still going to Edmonton to cheer them on. I hope there is something to play for but either way I'm going.

We are so used to failure that it seems normal somehow to talk about being out of it by the end of the second game. Just getting tired of it and I wonder if the players are as well.

Big Daddy K, Thanks for the kind words man. It actually did cheer me up a bit which is quite amazing considering how down I feel. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Montry

Do you believe we have better talent than Mexico? [xx(]

I agree Mexico is a better team, just like brasil and argentina, but if we play our top game, mexico would be hard pressed to beat us (the key would be having a consistent (maybe damn near flawless) defensive night to go with it.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

No I am not going to say "see you in 4 years". There are still 12 points available. Yes they are going to to tough. Hell, 3 games on the road, 2 games against Mexico, yea our chances aren't great.

I am still going to Edmonton to cheer them on. I hope there is something to play for but either way I'm going.

We are so used to failure that it seems normal somehow to talk about being out of it by the end of the second game. Just getting tired of it and I wonder if the players are as well.

Big Daddy K, Thanks for the kind words man. It actually did cheer me up a bit which is quite amazing considering how down I feel. :(

No problem murph --- it was the least I could do, not being able to go to Mtl myself

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

Thank you Juby!!! this thing is far from over!!!!!!!!

This topic is unbelievable and absolutely disgraceful. You guys have no self confidence. Reason we lost is because we play 6 road games vs. 0 home games.

We have no support. I'm at the TFC game seeing them get slaughtered, noone is saying anything about Canada. I come home listening to the fan thinking that they'll be saying, TFC loses, but its ok.. Canada will win. Nope, lets talk about tennis and baseball. I come home to watch the Canada game i see bloody Hondurans filling in OUR stadium.

Like honestly i am sick to my stomach. Im a teenager and i spend this whole Saturday concentrating on soccer and this is what happens.

BHTC i am born in 91 and i'm not ever going to get used to this because if this doesn't change i'm quitting Canada and TFC soccer.

I'm only a year older than you and I've gotten used to stuff like this. I saw the Edmonton game where the ref screwed Canada and I've seen a lot of other crap that's happened but I'll never stop supporting Toronto FC or Canada. I know it's hard to watch them lose, but please be patient. They'll get better.

Why would you stop supporting TFC?

Christ, what do you say? A lot of us have been making these posts for a long fuc!ing time now, you know. It's hard to keep coming back with that positive attitude.

We just ended with one go*damn point from two home games. There isn't a positive way to spin that. And if you think that our guys will have the mental fortitude to come back and steal wins on the road....well, you're new. God love ya for it. The boys are going to be looking for ways to turn down the invite now--looking to save favour for the club team.

Fu*k.

We were just eliminated from the World Cup. I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood to look for the bright side. I won't disappear for four years, but it sure has hell sucks that we're going to have to wait four more years just to get to the go*damn hex.

Fu*k

Fu*k

Fu*k

The quality just isn't deep enough. De Guzman is world class, and Hutchinson has quality, but after that? And remember that De Guzman plays the holding midfield role on his club team. Yes Friend plays in the Bundesliga and is rather effective, but with German team he has 10 other quality players with him, and gets three times amount of service. I know starting Gerba was just plain stupid, but you could see from the Jamaica game that even with Friend, the solo striker just doesn't get enough good service. We don't have the quality wing players (both mid and wingbacks) to spread the field out. And overall our defense is just brutal. Serioux and Hastings are no where close to being good enough, even in CONCACAF.

We hope that four years from now will be better, but I think we should be more realistic and look eight or twelve years down the road - slowly build the infrastructure so that we don't have to pin our hopes on a De Guzman and the occasional de Rosario highlight reel goal. It takes 11 men to win.

look. I'm gutted right now, and I got a glass a beer thrown in my face. Maybe the guys are hurting right now and are too down to make a run at it. Maybe being realistic at this point says we're done. But the math is there.

THIS IS HOW IT ENDS.

Honduras 3 Jamaica 0

Mexico 2 Canada 0

Honduras 1 Canada 2

Jamaica 0 Mexico 1

Canada 1 Mexico 1

Jamaica 2 Honduras 2

Honduras 1 Mexico 3

Jamaica 0 Canada 4!

Standings

Mexico 16

Canada 8

Honduras 7

Jamaica 2

BELIEVE!

quote:Originally posted by paul-toronto

[i still can't believe Gerba over Friend. That was the dumbest thing I have seen.

No, there were dumber. Gerba scores goals in CONCACAF.

Mitchell's subs were idiotic. Take of a striker (Gerba) for a striker (Friend) when we need a goal? Then take of an offensive player (Hume) for Jim Brennan? WTF??

quote:Originally posted by TOcanadafan

The quality just isn't deep enough. De Guzman is world class, and Hutchinson has quality, but after that? And remember that De Guzman plays the holding midfield role on his club team. Yes Friend plays in the Bundesliga and is rather effective, but with German team he has 10 other quality players with him, and gets three times amount of service. I know starting Gerba was just plain stupid, but you could see from the Jamaica game that even with Friend, the solo striker just doesn't get enough good service. We don't have the quality wing players (both mid and wingbacks) to spread the field out. And overall our defense is just brutal. Serioux and Hastings are no where close to being good enough, even in CONCACAF.

We hope that four years from now will be better, but I think we should be more realistic and look eight or twelve years down the road - slowly build the infrastructure so that we don't have to pin our hopes on a De Guzman and the occasional de Rosario highlight reel goal. It takes 11 men to win.

I have to agree.

It was painful watching, longball after longball attempts to Friend and him having 3 defenders swarm him and not having any support.

Sure DeRo roams but their was no build up and why wasn't there a 2nd striker after being down?

Seemed like Canada had more chances when Brennan came on, but at that point it was too little too late.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

look. I'm gutted right now, and I got a glass a beer thrown in my face. Maybe the guys are hurting right now and are too down to make a run at it. Maybe being realistic at this point says we're done. But the math is there.

THIS IS HOW IT ENDS.

Honduras 3 Jamaica 0

Mexico 2 Canada 0

Honduras 1 Canada 2

Jamaica 0 Mexico 1

Canada 1 Mexico 1

Jamaica 2 Honduras 2

Honduras 1 Mexico 3

Jamaica 0 Canada 4!

Standings

Mexico 16

Canada 8

Honduras 7

Jamaica 2

BELIEVE!

You think Canada will score four goals in Jamaica?

We might win but four goals. Honduras will beat Mexico at home

but I think we can beat Mexico in Edmonton.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

FAR FROM DONE.

If we can win in Jamaica and Honduras then we are right back in it. Why? Because they did it to us and if we do it to them...

Its an EYE FOR AN EYE

For that to happen someone needs to step up and become the leader on the team .. to have a heart and let it pump real Royal Canadian Blood, Passion and Pride.

We can eliminate the currrent coach being able to do it, hell we should probably call in Don Cherry to deliver the pre-game and half time speech.. and put Stephen Hart on the bench, let Dale be the titular head of the team, and bring in some people to shake this train wreck.

when you think your too old to keep believing, you may just be turning into a cynical arse ('you' being all the pessimists, and I'm just teasing, not attacking). I honestly don't see how anyone could just tear the hope out of their heart. One of the biggest clichés in sport is never give up, and I could sooner see myself lose then to see myself give up, it's just not an option, and I assumed most us, probably playing hockey as lads were raised with that mentality (although there's always a bitchy one or two but usually they even learn eventually).

Cheer for whatever tiny little crappy odds you have, otherwise, your a quitter. Seriously, if your just gonna give up before the game is over, you don't deserve to have a team at 2010; I deserve a team there (thankfully I cheer for Canada) but some of y'all don't (and unfortunatly you cheer for Canada). (that last bit isn't supposed to make perfect sense, more of a joking poke)

quote:Originally posted by Juby

when you think your too old to keep believing, you may just be turning into a cynical arse ('you' being all the pessimists, and I'm just teasing, not attacking). I honestly don't see how anyone could just tear the hope out of their heart. One of the biggest clichés in sport is never give up, and I could sooner see myself lose then to see myself give up, it's just not an option, and I assumed most us, probably playing hockey as lads were raised with that mentality (although there's always a bitchy one or two but usually they even learn eventually).

Cheer for whatever tiny little crappy odds you have, otherwise, your a quitter. Seriously, if your just gonna give up before the game is over, you don't deserve to have a team at 2010; I deserve a team there (thankfully I cheer for Canada) but some of y'all don't (and unfortunatly you cheer for Canada). (that last bit isn't supposed to make perfect sense, more of a joking poke)

I bet you're a Leaf fan too...

Being a Sens fan is marginally worse than being a Beleafer...

Anyhow, the idea is to be in it for the long haul. This is a site for hardcore supporters, the kind who are there to sing for ninety minutes no matter the score, even if inside their heart is breaking. Even if the song is 'Sack the CSA/Mitchell', it doesn't matter. We're here to support our boys.

If you want a team that's easy to support, then I have some sage advice for you... Don't support Canada.

To be a Canada supporter, you have to have character, you have to be prepared to make a commitment, and you have to be prepared for disappointment. So, essentially, you really have to mean it from the very bottom of your heart.

'see you in 4 years'

is a stupid statement. Of course we will be there in 4 years. Mathematically we are not out. Spiritually we may be down, not out. Suck it up. we can still end up in second place in this division. Anybody who thought we could be first was sitting too close to the Jamaican section.

The only goal of this round is to advance to the HEX.

Unless I missed something

MExico 6 points

Honduras 3 points

Canada 1 Points

Jamaica 1 Point

There is upto 12 points left

An aside here. Forest said we are laughed at in central America as we do not do everything to win including running down the clock. The opposition is willing to do what it takes to win, period. Until we adapt that attitude, in all aspects of the game, we may not be very successful in this conference we call concacrap. The evidence of history is in favour of Mr Forest.

A Honduran went down with a little bump in added time he delayed the game by 30 seconds or so, No time was added, His team won. Like it or not that is what you must do to win. You must be willing to do everything it takes to WIN. There is no high and mighty ' we don't dive because we are tough Canadians'. We must know are enemy to defeat them' (Sun Zu.)

I have dismounted from my soap box yet again.

Archived