See you all in 4 years.

Robert

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am gutted. Let's see what happens in the last four games. There was no pep in our game tonight.

If you don't mind, I would like to look to the future...

If we don't qualify, DM is history. We have the talent and a lot of current players will be around in four years. We need a world class manager who can meld together a winning product. There has to be respect from players as well. I don't think DM had that... DM was in over his head.

In 2006, Trinidad and Tobago qualified for the World Cup. They had old-timers like Dwight Yorke, Russel Latapy, Shaka Hislop and Dennis Lawrence. My greatest concern is that European playsers like JDG, Friend, and Hutch turn their back on the MNT in favour of their clubs going forward.

The bottom line is there has to be a radical makeover of the CSA in which the CMNT is the flagship product and the players have to believe in the CSA.

Onwards as Ben Knight would say.

Iz uz stupid eh? were 2 games in, were as good if not better then jamaica and honduras, if they can steal 4 points from us here, we can for damn sure repay the favour for a full 6 away points. We can beat anyteam really (not to say were even close to brasil or argentina but we are capable of beating even them) so we can score so many goals in Mexico we will make their fans so delirious they fully expect to see the Ex as they leave there own stadium.

Honestly, haven't you ever played on a team (sorry if I'm being mean), the right attitude adjustment can change everything, many peoples psyche's(sp?) thrive under pressure and in times of despair. Now think about our team, besides the obvious (Gerba's uncanny ability to score disproportionatly in the 10ish minutes before the 90 and halftime and Julian's pure individual heroics against Brazil, CR and jamaica) think of the whole team, when you think of games like Canada vs USA and Canada vs Brazil you see a good list of players who just won't stop competing (hutch, hume, Dero) although maybe that's just seeing their class shine through consistently for 90 minutes, were the opposition buckles, they take advantage.

Despite what anybody says, it's not even close to over.

And theirs one final thing I want to say, remember last year in the NFL, that whole patriots unbeaten thing, I remember everyone was talking about how it was gonna be the biggest deal ever and I told everybody leading up to it, don't discount the Giant's because there's one thing better then a perfect season, beating a team with a perfect season in the final. Our boys might be in a corner but now they have a chance to be real heroes if they have balls to step up (next training camp should be BOMB(as in a good thing))

quote:Originally posted by Juby

Iz uz stupid eh? were 2 games in, were as good if not better then jamaica and honduras, if they can steal 4 points from us here, we can for damn sure repay the favour for a full 6 away points. We can beat anyteam really (not to say were even close to brasil or argentina but we are capable of beating even them) so we can score so many goals in Mexico we will make their fans so delirious they fully expect to see the Ex as they leave there own stadium.

Honestly, haven't you ever played on a team (sorry if I'm being mean), the right attitude adjustment can change everything, many peoples psyche's(sp?) thrive under pressure and in times of despair. Now think about our team, besides the obvious (Gerba's uncanny ability to score disproportionatly in the 10ish minutes before the 90 and halftime and Julian's pure individual heroics against Brazil, CR and jamaica) think of the whole team, when you think of games like Canada vs USA and Canada vs Brazil you see a good list of players who just won't stop competing (hutch, hume, Dero) although maybe that's just seeing their class shine through consistently for 90 minutes, were the opposition buckles, they take advantage.

Despite what anybody says, it's not even close to over.

And theirs one final thing I want to say, remember last year in the NFL, that whole patriots unbeaten thing, I remember everyone was talking about how it was gonna be the biggest deal ever and I told everybody leading up to it, don't discount the Giant's because there's one thing better then a perfect season, beating a team with a perfect season in the final. Our boys might be in a corner but now they have a chance to be real heroes if they have balls to step up (next training camp should be BOMB(as in a good thing))

\

The talent is not there.

They cannot beat mexico in mexico,

the fat lady is singing , its all over/

Dale complained about the turf in Toronto. That might be the only home game in Canada this round. All games should be in Toronto.

I still can't believe Gerba over Friend. That was the dumbest thing I have seen.

On the other hand, I am optimistic. I want to see Sutton start in Mexico (if he is able to make it). Just have to take the games in Jamaica and Honduras and we are in good position. Not impossible.

My problem is Dale's track record; he just looks too negative to me...that is, in his expressions i see worry. That is not a good sign even if such analysis is not scientific. That is what I saw in the U20s as well. C'mon Dale, think positive and use your best players. That includes Hume, Friend and even Sutton in the starting lineup.

Thank you Juby!!! this thing is far from over!!!!!!!!

This topic is unbelievable and absolutely disgraceful. You guys have no self confidence. Reason we lost is because we play 6 road games vs. 0 home games.

We have no support. I'm at the TFC game seeing them get slaughtered, noone is saying anything about Canada. I come home listening to the fan thinking that they'll be saying, TFC loses, but its ok.. Canada will win. Nope, lets talk about tennis and baseball. I come home to watch the Canada game i see bloody Hondurans filling in OUR stadium.

Like honestly i am sick to my stomach. Im a teenager and i spend this whole Saturday concentrating on soccer and this is what happens.

BHTC i am born in 91 and i'm not ever going to get used to this because if this doesn't change i'm quitting Canada and TFC soccer.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

Thank you Juby!!! this thing is far from over!!!!!!!!

This topic is unbelievable and absolutely disgraceful. You guys have no self confidence. Reason we lost is because we play 6 road games vs. 0 home games.

We have no support. I'm at the TFC game seeing them get slaughtered, noone is saying anything about Canada. I come home listening to the fan thinking that they'll be saying, TFC loses, but its ok.. Canada will win. Nope, lets talk about tennis and baseball. I come home to watch the Canada game i see bloody Hondurans filling in OUR stadium.

Like honestly i am sick to my stomach. Im a teenager and i spend this whole Saturday concentrating on soccer and this is what happens.

BHTC i am born in 91 and i'm not ever going to get used to this because if this doesn't change i'm quitting Canada and TFC soccer.

You are not talking about the kind of home support in Toronto that ensures them their home results are you?

Just wondering.

Okay, after watching the game on TV, the gloves come off NOW.

I am sick and tired of these diving, conniving, play acting soccer WIMPS. Why is it the international game is ripe with teams that play like a bunch of cowards?

One of those teams goes up 2-1, full credit for both goals. But then they dive even in their own box when no one touches them. Guevara, hope you are proud of that acting job to get Bernier sent off, and then to save your a$$ from that hand ball near your box. You played well, but you better play just as well for TFC for the rest of this month or you will hear it from at least one fan at BMO.

And then another team --- one hurricane gives you an early home game and you win 3-0, fine. Most people did not expect Jamaica to put up a fight in Azteca. But we will still probably hear that gloating coming from way south, where the only thing bigger than the bravado right now is the recession of Sven's hairline.

They may have dug themselves a hole, and played sloppy, but at least the Canadians play with honour. I will always admire them for that. Rene Simoes, don't you dare make the once tough-as-nails Jamaica stoop to that cowardice (there were hints of it in Toronto). I have finally realized that as long as we get referees who always get conned by that crap, the teams that play like REAL men will always lose. So be it. I hope I never see the day Canada resorts to the same gutless chicken Sh** tactics. Rant over.

Good luck for the rest of the round, Canadian MNT. I am behind you all the way, and believe me, I also look forward to the Reggae Boyz making life miserable for Honduras in Kingston. V's, you guys did well considering the Honduran support in Montreal tonight. I saw a section of you behind the goal. You should all be proud of yourselves, and keep the faith. Anything can happen in this game.

Peace

Big D

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

Okay, after watching the game on TV, the gloves come off NOW.

I am sick and tired of these diving, conniving, play acting soccer WIMPS. Why is it the international game is ripe with teams that play like a bunch of cowards?

One of those teams goes up 2-1, full credit for both goals. But then they dive even in their own box when no one touches them. Guevara, hope you are proud of that acting job to get Bernier sent off, and then to save your a$$ from that hand ball near your box. You played well, but you better play just as well for TFC for the rest of this month or you will hear it from at least one fan at BMO.

And then another team --- one hurricane gives you an early home game and you win 3-0, fine. Most people did not expect Jamaica to put up a fight in Azteca. But we will still probably hear that gloating coming from way south, where the only thing bigger than the bravado right now is the recession of Sven's hairline.

They may have dug themselves a hole, and played sloppy, but at least the Canadians play with honour. I will always admire them for that. Rene Simoes, don't you dare make the once tough-as-nails Jamaica stoop to that cowardice (there were hints of it in Toronto). I have finally realized that as long as we get referees who always get conned by that crap, the teams that play like REAL men will always lose. So be it. I hope I never see the day Canada resorts to the same gutless chicken Sh** tactics. Rant over.

Good luck for the rest of the round, Canadian MNT. I am behind you all the way, and believe me, I also look forward to the Reggae Boyz making life miserable for Honduras in Kingston. V's, you guys did well considering the Honduran support in Montreal tonight. I saw a section of you behind the goal. You should all be proud of yourselves, and keep the faith. Anything can happen in this game.

Peace

Big D

The antics of the players did not have any bearing on the score.

To preserve a win, is what was needed , canada had the first chance up 1-0 and did nothing.Players have been diving for years. Not like we haven;t seen this before. Canada was outplayed all 2nd half.

No passion,

quote:Originally posted by jaymmzzs

The antics of the players did not have any bearing on the score.

To preserve a win, is what was needed , canada had the first chance up 1-0 and did nothing.Players have been diving for years. Not like we haven;t seen this before. Canada was outplayed all 2nd half.

No passion,

I acknowledge that. Honduras did outplay Canada. Thus, there were no need for the delay tactics. It simply rubbed salt in the wounds and turned a good football match into a sad comedy. Totally classless on the part of the Honduran team.

quote:Originally posted by mayorofeastyork

I disagree. the talent IS there, but the coaching tactics are not.

as long as Dale Mitchell (who's oly ever managed a USL side) is manager, were going nowhere.

Do you believe we have better talent than Mexico? [xx(]

Very very bad choice to play Honduras in Montreal. There were only few Canadian around me. Clearly a home game for Honduras. And the pitch was awful, anyway.

First half orgasmic, second half nightmare.

Lost my voice, go to sleep. Pride is the only thing left, GO CANADA on Wednesday!

The best comment during the game was by Craig Forrest when he said, "in central and south america they think we're stupid because we don't know how to keep a score or win a game" and that was the best statement by Craig ever.

The biggest f**k up of them all IMO, is trying to make Canada play a creative system like the 4-3-3.

I think Dale Mitchell is completely confuse, for some reason he believes we're a skillful team with an offensive attacking mentality.

We needed a win and he pulls out a striker, instead of going with a 4-4-2 and bombard the Honduran area with crosses, which is one of the few things we can do right.

In any other country in the world Mitchell will be sacked immediately after the game and the people who put him in charge of the MNT should fallow through.

"In any other country in the world Mitchell will be sacked immediately after the game and the people who put him in charge of the MNT should follow through."

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen, the CSA hardly has any track record of prompt, radical corrective action.

Archived