baseball sucks

Tintin

I know some people on here like the Blue Jays, but someday I'd like to see a footie match go to extra time make people waiting for baseball miss the first half hour. I don't know how many times I've gone through this because of the bloody blue jays.

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

I know some people on here like the Blue Jays, but someday I'd like to see a footie match go to extra time make people waiting for baseball miss the first half hour. I don't know how many times I've gone through this because of the bloody blue jays.

Baseball totally sucks. After 20 minutes I just went over to cbcsports.ca, when you can watch it on live webcast.

Is there a guy called "Diaz Cambert" playing for Toronto? Anyone have the lineup?

Diaz Kambert is on loan from Whitecaps. Times like this makes me think of people who say soccer is too slow...but they watch (Goal from Rosenulnd!)baseball. Every time I glance at the box to see if the Jays have lost yet, I see people just standing there not doing anything at all! Get on with it you flockers.

1 - 0 TFC!!! Can you believe it??

Tyler Rosenlund scores!! He'll remember that one.

Just guessing/bodging together a lineup from names I think I've heard:

Dichio Barrett

JoSmith Rosenlund Harmse Ricketts

[Titus] Velez [Regan] [Diaz-Kambere]

Edwards

No Jarrod Smith, Gala?

Dear lord... if Velez isn't replaced for next season, then the TFC management are truly morons. If you take an elbow to the face, JUST GO DOWN! Why on earth does he have to retaliate EVERY F*CKING TIME?! That is so f*cking bush league, I expect to see it with my men's team, but a professional squad like TFC?! I can't stand even seeing him on the pitch.

1-1 is not a good score after dominating a half so well. Lack of depth on defense might ruin what should be 3 points and an extra breath of life towards getting to the playoffs. Does anyone have a breakdown of what TFC has to do / how many wins they need until the end of the season to make the playoffs?

Soccer is going to replace baseball.These guys are fighting us which is extremely aggravating but somewhat understanding. Baseball supplanted soccer a hundred years ago and this time the shoe is on the other foot.The Olympics should be an eye opener and this is only the start of things.Baseball is nothing more than pure sleaze run by sleazy people and steroids to make it look like a sport.

Grass grows about 3-4 inches per week in reasonable growing weather.

Let's assume 3.5 inches, for an average.

Let's say about 0.5 inch per day.

A baseball game takes about 3 hours to play, more or less.

3 hours is 3/24 or 1/8 of a day.

0.5 x (1/8) = 1/16

So, during a baseball game, you get to watch the grass grow about 1/16 of an inch. No wonder it is so thrilling.

Ratings don't lie. Check the numbers next week and see how many people switched off after that grand slam. You are not going to win over any baseball fans to soccer by saying 'baseball sucks'.

I for one happy that CBC continued to show the ball game. Not because I like baseball, but I find it criminal when sports go into overtime and television stations don't show the finish. I was watching a NHL preseason game a few weeks ago, it ran late and the network didn't show the last half of the fourth quarter because Idol or some crap came on.

PIP would have been good though. And even after the game was over the switch over took five minutes, which was rubbish though.

These last two posts seem to have missed the point.

1. I wasn't trying to win over baseball fans by saying "baseball sucks". I was merely stating a fact that baseball is not only crap, but time and time again, when expecting to watch a football match, I have had to wait for a baseball game to end, since there's no telling when the bloody thing will finish. I wish networks that carry football wouldn't carry baseball and vice versa.

2. I can understand that if a game is already on, that it would be stupid to kill it and switch to something else, but the blue jays are on TV about 3000 times a year. This thread was started while waiting for WCQ, which is once every four years.

As I said, this has happened over and over again, and it's always baseball that eats into footie.

Archived