The Return of Rick Titus!

Gian-Luca

Friday September 5th, 2008.

Rick Titus played the entire 94 minutes of the CSL game Portugal FC vs Italia Shooters. Shooters scored in the last minute of injury time but still lost 3-2.

(wouldn't you think there'd be a request in to 'rest' Titus for tomorrow's game?)

Playing for TFC of the MLS because of so many callups to national teams.

The game also started over 30 minutes late when both teams brought their 'white' kits to the game. Shooters as the visitors had to get someone to drive back for their alternates (fighting Toronto International Film Festival traffic) but before the person got back, Portugal whipped out their red kits (which I wonder if they had all along?) and the game got going just after 8:30pm with now a misty rain that started. (good thing this wasn't the Roger's Game of the week).

Probably some pressure from the Lamport grounds crew that there were other permit holders so they better get on with this game. (I think it was a U-Sector game scheduled?).

Now near midnight and home at last, I'll wait until tomorrow to post in the other Lynx/CSL forum about the game details

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Two "professional" clubs show up for a regularly scheduled league game and one doesn't have it's full kit and has to send somebody home to get the uniforms? This is unbelievable.

Wislaw Kracow did that in the Champions League first leg vs. Barça at Camp Nou three weeks ago, they wear the same colours and only came with their blue and red. So Barça played at home in their new away kit.

So it is very believable, even in Champions League.

To reciprocate Barça played with their home kit in Kracow in the 2nd leg while Wisla beat us 1-0 wearing their white aways.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Again Mo and TFC sign a player capped by a foreign country (and Jack Warner Land no less) rather than a Canadian!?!

;)

TFC has had the chance to pick up Fernando Aguiar, who is from Ontario and is capped for Canada, and has been playing a higher level than Titus, and is without a team still I believe. So this is the typical line of thinking at TFC.

Two "professional" clubs show up for a regularly scheduled league game and one doesn't have it's full kit and has to send somebody home to get the uniforms? This is unbelievable.

See how much you still have to learn about the pro game and their tricks!!

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

TFC has had the chance to pick up Fernando Aguiar, who is from Ontario and is capped for Canada, and has been playing a higher level than Titus, and is without a team still I believe. So this is the typical line of thinking at TFC.

Gawd Jeffrey...please tell me you're joking, that we can believe against all belief that there is actually a sense of humour in there somewhere.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Only in your imagination.

My imagination eh? Read Rocket Robin's post above where he writes: "The game also started over 30 minutes late when both teams brought their 'white' kits to the game. Shooters as the visitors had to get someone to drive back for their alternates (fighting Toronto International Film Festival traffic)."

Go eat crow.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by nolando

Gawd Jeffrey...please tell me you're joking, that we can believe against all belief that there is actually a sense of humour in there somewhere.

I heard Aguiar turned down an offer from TFC last season because he was making more on his Penafiel contract on loan to Gondomar. The difference between the two players is enormous, even now, I'll bet Aguiar's pace would seem lightning in a TFC uniform, and those crunching tackles would win over the crowd in 6 minutes.

I'll come out and make a bet that some day Aguiar will be coaching at USL Div One and maybe even MLS.

But since noone took me seriously when I posted that our national program screwed over Dani Fernandes you can laugh at me on this one too.

My imagination eh? Read Rocket Robin's post above where he writes: "The game also started over 30 minutes late when both teams brought their 'white' kits to the game. Shooters as the visitors had to get someone to drive back for their alternates (fighting Toronto International Film Festival traffic)."

Go eat crow.

Read Jeffery's post on how common that this occurs. Given that the Shooters were the road team and brought with them only what they needed. Portugal had their other uniforms and easily put them on, since white jerseys are accepted as the road jersey.

So here's your crow back and go **** yourself.

Guest Jeffery S.

This kit stuff happens all the time, I have seen it a dozen times in pre-season matches and in quite a few official matches as well. I have seen a team play in the home team's away uniforms bought in the local shop with no names on the backs, only numbers stamped on. In the Spanish league.

I have seen teams wearing a set of neutral shorts on a ref's insistence that the overall kit was confusing but by taking part and altering it the problem would be solved.

Of course many cases involve an overzealous ref who decides blue is similar to grey or something like that.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I heard Aguiar turned down an offer from TFC last season because he was making more on his Penafiel contract on loan to Gondomar. The difference between the two players is enormous, even now, I'll bet Aguiar's pace would seem lightning in a TFC uniform, and those crunching tackles would win over the crowd in 6 minutes.

I'll come out and make a bet that some day Aguiar will be coaching at USL Div One and maybe even MLS.

But since noone took me seriously when I posted that our national program screwed over Dani Fernandes you can laugh at me on this one too.

I can confirm that Aguiar had interest in returning to Toronto to play for TFC but it appears he wasn't valued enough by Toronto management. I would love to see Fernando with TFC. He is a TOUGH player. Toronto fans would eat his game up. He's still remarkably fit too.

He's still without a club in Portugal I think.

oh...BTW....Congrats Rick Titus. You are now officially the first V to play for TFC.

I guess its true...40 is the new 30 because Rick did not look like a 39 year old out there. I was impressed

I'll take time out from the rhubarb in the nats' forum to offer my sincere congrats to Rick Titus on his return to MLS, whether it is short or not.

Archived