Hemming asks for release from Toronto FC

red card

as usual, an incomplete story as there isn't much info on why/where of Hemming

Head coach John Carver said after Tuesday's training at BMO Field that Canadian midfielder Tyler Hemming has asked for his release.

“So there's another man down,” Carver said. “I said to Tyler Hemming if you don't want to be here then there's no way I'm going to get on my hands and knees and beg you to stay. But you're not helping your teammates out. It's his request, he wants to go.”

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080902.wspttfc0902/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home

quote:Originally posted by masster

Why wouldn't he wait one more week? At least he would get another game in. Another chance to impress the coaching staff or perhaps another team. I hope he does have something else lined up. But then again, that is what we thought last time. Weird.

Ya he must have something in the pipe. Why else risk the wrath of Carver.

I don't know what I hope for the guy now. AFAIC, he's screwed us.

This sounds very much like when Lombardo left, again very little good grace by Carver. This is the same guy who moved Cunningham to the reserve squad changing room before getting rid of him. Maybe there is some man management issues, maybe field turf isn't the only reason some players don't want to sign. I mean if you're going to be treated like a galley slave in Toronto why not go elsewhere if you have the option.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

“This wouldn't happen in any other league anywhere else in the world,” Carver said. “I beg your pardon, it might happen on a Sunday morning in a pub league in England."

Ouch.

Well, JC will be prepared when he resumes his career in England (next month).

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

This sucks.

There was that one game he came on, he was really solid.

Everyone around me was asking who he was.

I agree ... and then he pulled a hamstring in practice. He'd have played a lot more since that match if he hadn't been injured.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Well, JC will be prepared when he resumes his career in England (next month).

I have to wonder how close that will be to the truth.

Mo Johnston i have to believe has one foot out the door already. The results don't really warrant any action but if I had the mindset of a manager at MLSE I'd have seen a number of things that worry me greatly. Namely, a total lack of organization, a lot of excuses, and a lack of professionalism.

I really feel that by the time Johnston went to the media and started talking about grass he sealed his own fate. If MLSE doesn't change the field he's basically said he doesn't think he can do the job, if they do change the field what do we do until then and why are we so much different than the other turf teams in this league?

Carver will be a lame duck coach if a new manager comes in and I wouldn't be suprized if he just packed his bags and went home in the mean time.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Ya he must have something in the pipe. Why else risk the wrath of Carver.

I don't know what I hope for the guy now. AFAIC, he's screwed us.

He has.....but we'll have to see if he had good reason to do so. He went on a number of trials in Europe the last time he & TFC parted ways, if one of them came calling with a far more lucrative contract than a $17,900 one, it would be tough to blame him for jumping at the opportunity. If it's for some other less understandable reason, I'll be disappointed.

Why exactly do people expect Hemming to have any loyalty to TFC? He is making McDonald's money at a club that only gives him an opportunity to play when they are absolutely forced to because of injuries/suspensions/call ups. How well he plays in those rare times he does see the field seems to be immaterial to when he will play again. If a club wants loyalty from its players it has to show them loyalty and respect as well.

Yeah, I'm with Griz on this one. This is the sort of thing that would happen with the Lynx. But considering the money they made, nobody thought anything of it. Considering Hemming is making Lynx money, and not starting, I don't see why this is so shocking. Why give up the chance to go on trial and win a contract when you're making minmum wage and not starting?

It's another reason why I think they should be locking up players like Nana Attakora to senior roster deals for next season. He's making as much as $12,900 this season. Should he get scouted playing for TFC or the Canadian U20 team, the only thing making him more likely to stick around is the lack of a European passport (which I believe Hemming has as his parents or grandparents (or both) are British).

Archived