Canada vs. Honduras on TV

I know this won't be the only thread on this topic (far from it), but it's worth pointing out that Sportsnet's coverage of the Sept. 6 match will be similar to the Jamaica match.

Canada vs. Honduras will be shown live at 8 p.m. ET on Sportsnet East and Ontario, on a three-hour tape delay on SN West, and a six-hour (?) tape delay on SN Pacific. No word yet on whether there will be any live streaming on their website.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tvsked_sport.php?schedule_id=7

Sportsnet is going to show a Mariners game in the Pacific rather than Canada vs. Honduras? That's pathetic.

It is better than the Jamaica match as people in East and Ontario should be able to see it without having all 4 Sportsnets. Why is it delayed in the West?

Soccer is still an emigrant sport and a tread to Canadian civilization.It still blows my mind to realize that we have this attitude in this country.

I vividly remember when Canada -played in the 1986 WC in Mexico.The game started at 6 pm. We were in a bar and it took some talking to change the station,basketball playoffs etc. I spoke to various contacts in the media circles and guess what they all were watching that basketball.Even TSN were glued to watch that game.I keep repeating and repeating myself sorry Cheeta i guess that adopted Canadian heart of mine is still working overtime.I don't know how we can wipe out all these many characters at once and ultimately they will faint away or smarten up.What we can do now is to go after these guys in full force,email,phone and write till they realize that their job maybe at stake.

Hey Cheeta happy now?

Once and for all I would love to get a straigt forward answer from the brass at RSN as to why they have such a hard on for baseball!

I can understand them splitting the Canadian nats broadcasts for a Blue Jays game. They own the damn team... we get that much. But why should the best team Canada has produced for years play second fiddle to a bunch of cornball american teams without any Canadian content?

If anyone from RSN reads this and could provide this all elusiive answer we would all be greatful.

Is Jack Warner a major share holder in Sportsnet by any chance?:D

1 word friend, VIEWERSHIP...

quote:Originally posted by Joe Keeper

Once and for all I would love to get a straigt forward answer from the brass at RSN as to why they have such a hard on for baseball!

I can understand them splitting the Canadian nats broadcasts for a Blue Jays game. They own the damn team... we get that much. But why should the best team Canada has produced for years play second fiddle to a bunch of cornball american teams without any Canadian content?

If anyone from RSN reads this and could provide this all elusiive answer we would all be greatful.

Is Jack Warner a major share holder in Sportsnet by any chance?:D

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Soccer is still an emigrant sport and a tread to Canadian civilization.It still blows my mind to realize that we have this attitude in this country.

I vividly remember when Canada -played in the 1986 WC in Mexico.The game started at 6 pm. We were in a bar and it took some talking to change the station,basketball playoffs etc. I spoke to various contacts in the media circles and guess what they all were watching that basketball.Even TSN were glued to watch that game.I keep repeating and repeating myself sorry Cheeta i guess that adopted Canadian heart of mine is still working overtime.I don't know how we can wipe out all these many characters at once and ultimately they will faint away or smarten up.What we can do now is to go after these guys in full force,email,phone and write till they realize that their job maybe at stake.

Hey Cheeta happy now?

John going back to 1986 to make your point is quite a stretch and as a member of those media circles you need to be educated on what is called contractually obligated to show games. You seem to think TSN, Sportsnet or The Score or whomever has a bias against soccer, but nine times out of ten it has something to do with multi-year contracts signed with the other mainstream sports. The schedules are always out well in advance in every other sport compared to soccer so that is the problem. When FIFA or CONCACAF finally get around to announcing international dates it's way too late for the networks to do anything about it. Be happy Sportsnet has more than one region and can get around some of the other sports they are contractually obligated to show and can still get the soccer game on live somewhere...no ones jobs are "at stake" because of what soccer fans presume is bias against the sport. Knock on corporate Canada's door...tell them to start supporting the sport through sponsorship, and buying commercial time and maybe for once soccer will take precedent over one of the other main three, but until that time networks will continue to make money on the deals they have in place...and believe me....despite being one of the biggest fans of the beautiful game and working at one of these networks...soccer (not including World Cup and Euro) loses money and gets very little ratings. Chicken or the Egg.....Chicken or the Egg...

This sounds like Vic Rauter to me. Interesting that 1986 keeps popping up. As I recall TSN hadn't even born yet at that time. Back then, CBC was giving Canadians the best soccer coverage this country ever enjoyed. Ahhh the good old days.

quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

John going back to 1986 to make your point is quite a stretch and as a member of those media circles you need to be educated on what is called contractually obligated to show games. You seem to think TSN, Sportnset or The Score or whomever has a bias against soccer, but nine times out of ten it has something to do with multi-year contracts signed with the other mainstream sports. The schedules are always out well in advance in every other sport compared to soccer so that is the problem. When FIFA or CONCACAF finally get around to announcing international dates it's way too late for the networks to do anything about it. Be happy Sportsnet has more than one region and can get around some of the other sports they are contractually obligated to show and can still get the soccer game on live somewhere...no ones jobs are "at stake" because of what soccer fans presume is bias against the sport. Knock on corporate Canada's door...tell them to start supporting the sport through sponsorship, and buying commercial time and maybe for once soccer will take precedent over one of the other main three, but until that time networks will continue to make money on the deals they have in place...and believe me....despite being one of the biggest fans of the beautiful game and working at one of these networks...soccer (not including World Cup and Euro) loses money and gets very little ratings. Chicken or the Egg.....Chicken or the Egg...

Archived