Should we have a Fire Mo Johnson chant?

Grizzly

quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

After today, I agree that Mo has to be sacked sooner rather than later. Edu is gone, Robert is gone, and who do we have to replace them? A couple Conference-calibre players and a loser named Carlos Ruiz (most likely, anyway). Meanwhile Ali Gerba signs for Franchise FC, I doubt it would have been very difficult to persuade him or a number of other Canadian internationals to sign for the biggest club in Canada. I was willing to let the lack of Canadian content slide provided he made other intelligent choices, but this is just getting to be too much. He seems to think that a player being English or Scottish automatically makes them great. A Rob Friend or Atiba Hutchinson would be head and shoulders over most of the players we have right now.

As for a chant at the game, though... It's not the time. This is Canada's moment in the spotlight.

Gerba stated we wanted a return to Europe, Mo can't force him to sign here.

And while Friend or Hutchinson are upgrades to what we have, be realistic.... TFC is a step down for them at this point in their careers.

I'd have to disagree with the all star game comment. Would playing on field turf really matter for one match? And besides, any top club would just field their reserve squad anyways. The all star game is a big money maker with absolutely nothing at stake but "bragging rights". But I think we could all agree that BMO field should have real grass within the next few years, ideally next season.

Archived