CANADA - MEX - TICKETS.....V's Coming to Edmonton

River City

First off, a HUGE thank you to Winnipeg Fury for his work on this. God knows he's had enough grief and extra work with Commonwealth Stadium....

Once the codes are released, I will go online and purchase the first 5 rows of Section P and Section Q ASAP. I've been working on a seating chart with the V's that volunteered to be on the Edmonton LOC and I am including it below. For all V's planning on coming to Edmonton and wanting tix, please choose the available rows and seats and either post here, facebook me, or email me. It's first come first served and I will rely on the timestamp to determine who got to me first. You can pay me back when you arrive in Edmonton.

Once the first 5 rows are spoken for, I will then purchase the remainder of the sections and will follow the same procedure for seat assignment. I'm confident we can get 400 V's and friends of V's and depending on the leg work we can do in Edmonton, we may need more tix for non-V's to join us in our section.

I can't stress the importance of filling the first 5 rows with the most vocal, craziest, rowdiest and LOUD V's as possible. We will be featured prominently on TV, and will have plenty of flags and banners to make a significant visual presence.

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

107/170 Tickets Spoken For

------------------------SECTION P-----------------------------------------------------SECTION Q-----------------------------

ROW---------------------(1-17)----------------------ROW------------------------------(1-17)----------------------------ROW

--5---1,2,3,4,5,6,7, Scottie----------------------------5------------------------------River City-----------------------------5--

--4---1,2,3,4,5,6,7, Scottie----------------------------4-------------1,2,3,Andrew W,7,8,9,10,11, River City-----------4--

--3---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,kcisoul, River City-------------3-----Carl Valentine,tarnado/CrazyCannuck, 13,14,15,16,17--3--

--2---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, piltdownman----------------2-----River City, matthew, strobe_z, greenfield, 16,17-------2--

--1---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, piltdownman----------------1---- River City,Yukon Mike,5,6, Reza,12,13,14,15,16,17--- ---1--

SECTION P

ROW 5 - Scottie (8-17)

ROW 4 - Scottie (8-17)

ROW 3 - kcisoul (9,10), River City (baxteriscool 11-17)

ROW 2 - piltdownman (10 -17)

ROW 1 - Drummers - piltdownman (10-17)

SECTION Q

ROW 5 - River City(1-11) River City (Rui 12 - 17)

ROW 4 - Andrew W (4-6), River City (Rui 12 - 17)

ROW 3 - Carl Valentine (1-6), tarnado/CrazyCannuck (7-12)

ROW 2 - River City (1-4), matthew (5-6), strobe_z, (7-14), (greenfield (15)

ROW 1 - Drummers - River City (1-3), Yukon Mike (4), Reza (7-11)

DRUMMERS

Those willing to play drums, have the first row reserved for them

CHANT CAPTAINS

Those willing to lead the chants have Seats #17 in Section P and Seats #1 in Section Q reserved for them, plus however many seats needed for their friends and family beside them. These seats are on either side of the aisle separating Sections P and Q. This will ensure everyone is singing the same song/chant.

GENERAL SEATING

Other than Row 1 and the seats by the main aisle, everyone is welcome to choose seats as you wish. If you prefer to sit higher up and away from the main action (if you have kids, don't like our singing, need to hide from the TV cameras,etc), please let me know.

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!

PS: Not that we can enforce it, but basic rules;

1) Wear RED (I know Red Parkas are tough to find...but....)

2) Stand

3) Sing

4) Have FUN!

5) Learn some Spanish...so the Mexicans can understand our insults...please let Cuatemoc Blanco play....

quote:Originally posted by River City

65/170 Tickets Spoken For

------------------------SECTION P------------------------------------------------SECTION Q-------------------------

ROW---------------------(1-17)----------------------ROW--------------------------(1-17)----------------------ROW

--5---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17-----5--------------------------River City-----------------------5--

--4---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17-----4----------1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, River City-----------4--

--3---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, River City-----------------3-----Carl Valentine,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17---3--

--2---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, piltdownman----------------2-----River City, 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17---2--

--1---1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, piltdownman----------------1--------River City,4,5,6, Reza,12,13,14,15,16,17------1--

SECTION P

ROW 5 -

ROW 4 -

ROW 3 - River City (11-17)

ROW 2 - piltdownman (10 -17)

ROW 1 - Drummers - piltdownman (10-17)

SECTION Q

ROW 5 - River City(1-17)

ROW 4 - River City (12 - 17)

ROW 3 - Carl Valentine (1-6)

ROW 2 - River City (1-4)

ROW 1 - Drummers - River City (1-3), Reza (7-11)

DRUMMERS

CHANT CAPTAINS

Those willing to lead the chants have Seats #17 in Section P and Seats #1 in Section Q reserved for them, plus however many seats needed for their friends and family beside them. These seats are on either side of the aisle separating Sections P and Q. This will ensure everyone is singing the same song/chant.

GENERAL SEATING

Other than Row 1 and the seats by the main aisle, everyone is welcome to choose seats as you wish. If you prefer to sit higher up and away from the main action (if you have kids, don't like our singing, need to hide from the TV cameras,etc), please let me know.

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!

2) Stand

3) Sing

4) Have FUN!

5) Learn some Spanish...so the Mexicans can understand our insults...please let Cuatemoc Blanco play....

Sergio,

I requested in an e-mail to be a "chant captain". Is that ok?

thanks river city this sounds like a lot of fun, i will email you soon, I think i better get tickets sooner then later cause i want to be right in the middle of the Voyageurs section.

I have never been to a soccer game where i was sitting in a section that did chants, this is going to be sweet.

Holy smokes, this crept up outta nowhere![:0]

Hehe I'm pretty much in a panic at the moment, I have quite a few people to talk to (kcisoul being one of them) to set up both tix/seating and transport to and from Edmonton. I'll be bringing non-V's with me who want to get in on the action, but we'll all be newbs in the rowdy sections. I was kinda hoping this would be postponed till Thursday so I could at least talk to everyone during the match on Wednesday. Time for an email blitz...

River City,

Can you grab me two tickets in row 2 of Q. I may need more, I have no idea, too many variables right now, but considering I'm in Toronto with limited online access I'd like to commit to two ASAP. I'll figure out the rest later.

cheers,

matthew

I now have both codes from Ticketmaster, but as usual there has been another snag.

The tickets have to be split into two separate inventories, one for Group ticket purchases and another for single ticket purchases.

I am working through this with Ticketmaster and trying to assist River City with a mass purchase order.

I can tell you that we have the first 25 rows in section P and Q, for a total of 850 tickets.

Details to follow once the work is complete.............

Alright boys, further to my earlier post we now have everything straigthend out and ready to go.

This has developed a bit unorthodox, but ticketmaster were having technical difficulties with the two codes and could not mix the tickets together. All rather confusing, but in the end it worked fine for The Voyageurs.

River City has stepped up big time and purchased the first 12 rows of both Section P and Q (408 tickets). He is passing all the saving on to you, so buy through him. If someone wants a mass (over 15) purchase prior to August 31, they can drop me a line and we will see what we can do.

Tickets are now available in rows 13-25 of both sections, but as stated earlier, River City already has the best seats in the house, so drop him a line.

River City will post shortly and Cheeta will send a mailer out probably this evening.

I have just returned from the Ticketmaster office and have in my possession the 408 tickets in Sections P and Q, Rows 1 - 12, Seats 1 - 17. I will start distribution of the Edmonton tickets immediately, and will have to mail out for those arriving on matchday closer to game time.

TICKET PRICE:

With all surcharges (Ticketmaster and Venue) the ticket price is $19.75. If we make it an even $20 (voluntary donation), the extra 25 cents will add up to $102.00 which will be sent to Winnipeg for our war chest.

ROWS 13 - 25:

For those wishing to purchase these tickets directly through Ticketmaster, there's a limit of 15. Prices are;

$25.75 - now until August 31

$27.75 - September 1 onwards

Huge thank you to Winnipeg Fury for arranging all this. ALLEZ LES ROUGES!

River City I sent you an email a bit earlier today, but now it looks like I might need up to 10 tickets all in the same row if possible. I will try and get this all sorted out ASAP, but I will definitely need at least 6 for sure.

157/170

----------------------------------SECTION P-----------------------------------------------------------SECTION Q------------------------------------

ROW-------------------------------(1-17)----------------------------ROW------------------------------(1-17)---------------------------------ROW

--5------------------------River City, Scottie-----------------------5--River City, Andrew W, PunjabiOil, stevieeatworld, Tuscan --5--

--4-------Lord Bob,ageroo,werewolf88,Gregmacd, Scottie-----4--Carl Valentine, Fort York Redcoat, Cooks,12,13,14,15,16,17--4--

--3--Superbrad,redhat, dsqpr kcisoul,11,12,13,Carl Valentine--3----Carl Valentine,tarnado/CrazyCannuck, joshmarshall -------3--

--2---------Superbrad,James,Gordon, piltdownman-------------2-----River City, matthew, strobe_z, greenfield, Cheeta---------2--

--1------------baxteriscool,tarnado,piltdownman-----------------1------------River City,Yukon Mike, Reza,14,15,16,17--------------1--

SECTION P

ROW 5 - River City (1-7), Scottie (8-17)

ROW 4 - Lord Bob (1), ageroo (2), werewolf88 (3), Gregmacd (4-7), Scottie (8-17)

ROW 3 - Superbrad (1-4), redhat (5-6), dsqpr (7), kcisoul (8-10), Carl Valentine (14-17)

ROW 2 - Superbrad (1-4), James (5), Gordon (6-9), piltdownman (10 -17)

ROW 1 - Drummers - baxteriscool (1-7), tarnado(8-9),piltdownman (10-17)

SECTION Q

ROW 5 - River City(1-3), Andrew W (4-6), PunjabiOil (7-9), stevieeatworld (10-11), Tuscan (12-17)

ROW 4 - Carl Valentine (1-5), Fort York Redcoat (6), Cooks (7-11)

ROW 3 - Carl Valentine (1-6), tarnado/CrazyCannuck (7-12), joshmarshall (13-17)

ROW 2 - River City (1-3), matthew (4-6), strobe_z, (7-14), greenfield (15), Cheeta (16-17)

ROW 1 - Drummers - River City (1-3), Yukon Mike (4), Reza (5-13)

DRUMMERS

CHANT CAPTAINS

GENERAL SEATING

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!

2) Stand

3) Sing

4) Have FUN!

Rivercity, I will be back in town and online next week. I am not sure if I should attempt to bring some youth soccer players up (unlikely, being a week night and 6 hour return drive) or just adults, so am debating how many tickets I need, but will definitely be there myself.

Also, I will attempt to drum up interest in local clubs in Calgary. VPjr wanted to have the same done in Edmonton if anyone has good contacts for clubs in town. I can cover SW of Calgary but don't have many contacts outside of that. We have tons of work to do!!

I'll almost certainly be there, and will try and talk some of my friends into going too. I'll be leaving from either Vancouver or Kamloops (not sure yet where I'll be living in October). There was talk about chartering a bus from Vancouver; is this still being considered?

Seems we'll sell out the 170, so when this happens to do we get another allotment? I was under the impression we've access to 500+ tickets.

I know we've not the same set-up as Toronto--what with the success of TFC fans--but I'd love for us to show the "East" that us Western boys can do the unthinkable and build a massive showing of vocal support.

With that said, my brother and I are making final plans to get to Edmonton for the game, and will try to get a couple more guys to join.

Oh, this is likely old news, but you can get a return flight out of Vancouver for a total of $308 on both WestJet and Air Canada.

Archived